14. RECALL

After he had called Taehyung several times and not being able reach I'm. He left to find him, and remembered running. The emotions he was sensing from Taehyung made it hard to focus. All he could think about was reaching Taehyung that he couldn't block out his other senses. He heard a noise and turned in the direction it came from. A kid had fallen off his bike while riding with a friend. His leg was cut and bleeding, and Jungkook could smell it. His senses were on fire and it made him stop and he felt his thirst grow. Taehyung's emotions and distracted him from everything, and now that wall he had built to control himself had fallen before he even realized it.

He closed his eyes and tried to focus on finding Taehyung but his senses were in over drive. All he could think about was how thirsty he was. He began waking toward the kid who had fallen, and he helped him get up and checked his bike for any damage. He caught the sight of the injury on the boy from the corner of his eye.
He was holding back by a thread but soon the red tint filled his eyes and Jungkook knew he had to get out of there. He quickly turned and ran as fast as he could out of town.
When he was alone in the first that ran along the edge of town, he could hear everything. The noise was overwhelming him, and he covered his ears trying to block out the sounds.
He could hear cars, and people talking. It was all so loud and reminded him of when he first transitioned. He was losing control and that's when he heard it.
A heart beat. Not far from him. The thumping sound got louder drowning out everything else. Jungkook followed the sound moving quietly so he could not be heard.

Soon he saw what was drawing him in, and with only a second of hesitation he attacked.

Taehyung was siting silently beside him waiting. Jungkook turned to him when he finally remembered and smiled.
"What?" Taehyung asked.
"I didn't hurt anyone!" Jungkook said with relief.
"What? You didn't? But the blood?" Taehyung said pointing.
"It's not human! It's was a deer!" Jungkook said proudly.

Taehyung let a giant sigh of relief.