"Thank you, Obi-Wan." I mumbled while still gazing down at the fawn-colored letter in my hand. I carefully put it in my own pocket, planning to take it straight to my room, "I'll read it on the day my time to lead comes." I smiled gratefully up at him.

His soft blue eyes shone at my appreciation, and probably because he knew now that I trusted him. "You truly are a mix of both of your parents. You have your fathers courage, resilience, and compassion. And you have your mothers wit, stubbornness, and confidence."

I beamed at his comparison of me to my parents, "It seems like you knew them pretty well."

He nodded again, "I did indeed...." He smiled as he stared into the distance, seeming to relive memories of the past. Then he cleared his throat and shook his head, "But enough about me. Your mother asked for me to stay here a little while longer. Are you alright with that? I'll stay out of your way unless you need me—"

I laughed and interrupted, "Of course it's alright, Obi-Wan. But since you're already here, and you know who I am, then why is Anakin still here? He's the odd man out and if we send him back to the Temple, then there's less risk of him finding out who I am." I get that Anakin is a strong and skilled Jedi, but so is Obi-Wan. He can protect me just as well.

Also, a big part of me is too embarrassed to be around Anakin right now.

Obi-Wan smirked at the mention of Anakin, "I'm afraid you'll have to ask Yoda about that."

"I have asked him, and he hasn't really answered it." I crossed my arms and tilted my head, furrowing my brows shrewdly, "Why do I get the feeling you know something that I don't?"

He shrugged coyly, "Possibly. All you need to know is that right now, everything is as it should be." With that, he ended the conversation, and purposely nodded a hasty goodbye before I could even think to say another word.

??? POV:

I snuck over to a storage room; where I knew there would be no cameras, and likely no one passing by. Though I was extremely cautious, I almost laughed at how easy this was. No one will suspect a thing.

I pulled my wrist up to my lips, turning on the secret comlink attached to it, "My Lord, are you there?" I asked quietly, coughing from how dusty this small closet was.

"Yes. Are you ready to proceed with the next step?" King Alastair asked.

"I am." I responded confidently. Everything was already going according to plan.

"Good." He responded, "We need this to be dangerous enough to convince the Queen to return to Coruscant. You'll need to sacrifice yourself to sell this." He instructed candidly.

I blinked, putting my wrist down. Everything was going according to plan, until he said that. I brought my wrist back up, stammering, "But—but what about the deal you made with me? Your promise?" Alastair never said anything about a sacrifice.

He scoffed over the other end, "I never made any deals or promises to you. I gave you a solid 'maybe', which I'm now deciding is a no. Is that clear?" He asked harshly.

I clenched my jaw furiously, "Yes, my Lord." I said through gritted teeth.

He hummed approvingly of my compliance, "Good. Now carry on, and keep me updated." With that he hung up, ending the call just as soon as he answered it.

If Alastair thinks I'm going to comply with his new rules and sacrifice myself, then he's just as dense as the rest of these gonzo's. I'll still continue with this plan, but from now on, I'm doing it my way.