Chapter 43

Shourya's POV

I went early to the office today because I wanted to meet Khushi's mom and Divya. They are really nice people, but I don't know about Khushi.

Is she also like them?

Shourya, you are living with her for nearly two months, and you don't know her? My subconscious mocked me.

I don't know why sometimes I feel like she is nice and sometimes she is not like the way she shows. I am really confused.

I sighed.

"Hey, bro," Rahul barged into my cabin. I rolled my eyes at his behaviour. I think never in his life he knocked on my cabin door.

I raised my brows. "What?"

"We have a meeting with Mr. Raj Verma," he said, sitting in the chair.

"Ya, I know. Listen, Rahul, today I will go early becau-" I was cut off by a phone call. 'Samaira'

"Hey, Sam,"

Rahul rolled his eyes upon hearing her name.

"What are you doing, baby?" She asked.

"Can I call you later, Sam? I am busy now."

"Babes, can we go for lunch today? What say?" She asked, happily.

I sighed.

"Sorry, Sam. I will not be able to meet you today. I want to go home early as I have to meet Khushi's mom and her sis," I said, and that was my mistake.

"WHAT!" She shouted, which made me keep my phone away from my ears.

Rahul was looking at me with confusion. "Do you even know what you are saying? To meet that trash's family, you are rejecting me?"

I fisted my hand. "Sam, please calm down. Ple-"

"Calm down? Seriously, Shourya..? She become more important to you than me, huh?" She started shouting. "Are you starting to fall for her or what?" She asked doubtfully.

Fallin.....No no I am not falling for her..yes, I am not falling for her. I am doing this only for her family and for nothing else.

"No, Sam, it's nothing like that. Her family is nice, so I am doing this for them and nothing else," I said calmly.

"Nice, my foot! I don't care. Shourya, I don't know what's going on in your mind, but remember that if you have developed a soft spot for that douchebag in your heart, then destroy it as soon as possible, because I will not allow that women to take you away from me," she said, gritting her teeth. I knew she was fuming in anger.

"Sam, no one can take me away from you, sweetheart. I will meet you tomorrow at your home, ok?"

All the time, Rahul was listening to our talks and rolling his eyes. In between, he was glaring at me.

"Ok," she said and cut the call.

I kept my phone on the table and ran my hand through my hair.

"I am happy today," Rahul said, looking at me.

I looked at him, confused.

'Maybe he is happy because I fought with Samaira'

"Because today you did the right thing by refusing to meet that cake-face doll," he continued.

"Stop it, Rahul. Now, please, you don't eat my mind." I said, glaring at me.

"Whatever," he said, rolling his eyes, and got up to leave. "Be ready for the meeting," he said.