Chapter 18

Writer's POV

After having dinner, Shourya and his family were sitting in the hall. Umesh was nervous about how to talk to Shourya about the marriage. He gathered some courage and said, "Shourya, I want to talk about something important to you."

Shourya glanced at his dad and said, "Yes, dad."

"I want you to get married next week," everyone gasped at hearing him. Shourya stood up in shock.

"Dad, I will get married, but why next week?"

"Shourya, I want you to get married to the girl I will choose for you, and that will also be next week." Umesh said while getting up from his chair.

Neha and Avantika were looking at them with their wide eyes, but Avantika knew that her husband would not make the wrong decision for his son.

"Dad, all of you know that I have a girlfriend, and I want to get married to her." Anger was evident in his voice.

"You have to accept this marriage. Otherwise, I will remove you from the position of CEO, and you will not get anything from S.K. Company," Umesh threatened his son.

"But dad, why do you want me to marry some other girl instead of Samaira?" He raised his voice. He was fuming in anger.

"Don't raise your voice, young man!" Umesh said, sternly.

"You have to accept it. Tomorrow we are going to their house to talk about marriage," Umesh stated, left and from there.

Shourya banged his fist on the table angrily.

"Shourya, calm down. I know he will not make any wrong decisions for you," Avantika said, keeping her hand on his shoulder.

"No, mom. How can I calm down? Dad can't threaten me to marry some random girl!" He said this, gritting his teeth.

"Shourya, it-"

"No, mom!" He didn't let her finish. "Please don't take dad's side now! I don't know why he wants me to marry some random girl. I also have the right to make my own decision. Dad can't force me to marry!"

He was fuming in anger.

Avantika was also tense.

Shourya took his car keys and started going out.

"Shourya, where are you going?" Avantika was yelling from behind to stop him, but he started his car and drove at full speed.

Avantika went to Umesh to ask the reason behind his sudden decision.
She entered their room. Umesh was reading the newspaper. She stood in front of him.

"Umesh, what was that? You already know that he has a girlfriend and doesn't want to get married now, so why are you forcing him to marry some random girl?" Tears formed in her eyes. She felt bad seeing her son like that.

Umesh closed the newspaper and kept it on the table. He stood up, took Avantika's hands in his, and made her sit on the bed. He wiped her tears with his thumb.

"Avantika, I know what I am doing is wrong, but I am doing this for his good. You know, the girl that I chose for him is really a nice girl. Though she is not from a high class family like us, she is really a wonderful girl. She will keep our Shourya happy. He will be a lucky one to have her. You know, when I first met her in the office, I knew that she was special. I know she is the one for our Shourya...."

She smiled at him and asked, "you already met her...I also want to meet my soon-to- be daughter-in-law"

"We will meet her tomorrow. We are going to her place tomorrow to talk about the marriage, and I know you will also like her." She nodded her head and hugged him. "I know, Umesh, you will not make a bad decision for our son."