Chapter 33

Khushi's POV

I entered my cabin, kept my bag on the side table, and started doing my work.

"Good morning, beautiful," Zanvil said as he entered my cabin.

"Good morning, Zan," I greeted him back, and he sat in the chair.

"Where is Saira today?" I asked him because I didn't see her in her cabin either.

"Maybe she will not come today. Yesterday she messaged me, saying her brother was not well," he replied.

"Ohh, I hope he gets well soon," I said.

"Ya..hope so," Zanvil said.

"By the way, Khushi, I wanted to ask you something...can I?" Zanvil said while rubbing the back of his neck.

"From when onwards did our Zanvil become a gentleman?" I asked sarcastically by raising my eyebrows.

"From the day I saw you, beautiful," he said, smirking at me. He never leaves any chance to flirt with girls.

"Shut up, Zan! Stop your flirting and ask whatever you wanted to ask me," I said, glaring at him.

He and his flirting.

"Ok, ok, beautiful, please don't get angry. You look more beautiful when you smile." 

I glared at him. His flirting will never end.

"Ok, I wanted to ask... do you have a boyfriend?" His question made my breath hitch.

I don't have a boyfriend, Zan, but I have a devil husband.

"Hey, I am just asking you a simple question. Why are you looking at me with horror?"

I composed myself. "Why ar-are you as-asking?"

"Hey, as a friend, I am asking you. Is there any problem?" He shrugged his shoulders.

"No, I do-don't have a boyfriend," but I have a husband.

"Thank god!" He kept his hand on his chest, acting as if he had found some relief. "Now I can have a chance with you," he said, winking at me.

God, this boy.

I threw a pen at his head.

"Hey, that hurts," he said, rubbing his head.

"Good, it's a lesson for you for flirting with me," I said, glaring at him.

"Khushi, I really love you," he said all of a sudden and took my hands in his. "I always wanted to tell you this. The day I saw you, I fell in love with you. I really love you, Khushi."

My eyes widened at his confession.

"Zan-zanvil, what are you do-doing?" I tried to pull my hand back, but he tightened his hold.

"Please, Khushi, accept my love."

I started feeling hot. I always treated him as a friend, not more than that. How can I?

"Zanv-vil, try to understand. Please, leave my-my hand," I trued to pull back my hand.

Why is he behaving like this?

"I love you, Khushi. Please accept my love," he said in a pleading tone.

"I can't. Plea-please, Zanvil, leave my han-hand." Again, I tried to pull my hand, but it was of no use.

"Please, Khushi, I will keep you happy. I will give you every happiness. Please, Khushi, I love you," he said, tightening the hold on my hand.

"Please, Zanvil...try to un-understand," tears started rolling from my eyes.