Chapter 13

Writer's POV

"What do you want in return?" She asked him slowly. She was scared of his answer.

"I want you to marry my son in return," Umesh looked at her and said. Khushi gasped and looked at him shocked. She felt as if the big building had collapsed on her.

"What?" She asked him again, thinking maybe she heard it wrong.

"Yes, Khushi, I want you to marry my son,"

"Sir, what are you talking? How can I marry your son when he already has a girlfriend, and why do you want me to marry him?" She asked him in disbelief.

"Khushi, think about your mom now. You need money for your mother's operation, so think properly. The minute you answer me, I will give you money for your mom's operation," he said to her. He found a hint of sadness in her eyes.

He knew that she was helpless now, so he put that deal in front of her. He knew that he was talking like a selfish person, but he didn't have any other option to make her agree to this.

He was waiting for her answer and was also scared of what answer he would get from her. He was praying in his mind for a positive answer from her. He also wanted to help her.
He was looking at her with a sad and sorry expression. He already thought in his mind that even if she didn't agree, he still would help her.

He was looking at her for her answer, but he didn't get one. So, he stood up and tried one more time. "Khushi, think properly and give me your answer soon," he said, and he started walking from there. She was silent and sad and did not reply.

Many questions were roaming in her mind.

"I am ready," Umesh stopped on his track when he got an answer from Khushi. There was sadness in her voice. He turned back and looked at her. A smile came on his face as if he had won the lottery.

Khushi's POV

When Mr. Kapoor said that he wanted me to marry his son, I was shocked. I felt as if a long building had collapsed on me.
How can he ask me to marry that jerk even after knowing that he has a girlfriend? He hates me. Then how can I marry him?

I can't marry him. I can't spoil his life or my own.

Mr. Kapoor also knows that Shourya hates me. Then why is he asking me to marry him? Why does he want to spoil his own son's life? He also knows that his son already has a girlfriend. Then why does he want to snatch away his happiness by dragging me into his life? All these questions were running in my mind.

How can I spoil someone's life by snatching their happiness?

God! what should I do now? Why did you put me in this situation?

I need money. If I don't arrange money on time, I will lose my mom. It hurts like hell to think about losing my mom. What should I do now?

Tears were continuously flowing down my cheeks.

What should I do? I can't lose my mom. Mom and Divya are everything to me. I have to save my mom.

I gathered some courage and said, "I am ready." My mind was begging me to say NO, but I didn't listen to it. I will do anything to save my mom.

Mr. Kapoor stopped on his track and turned back. There was a smile on his face. I don't know why he is happy to snatch happiness from his own son.

He came near me and said, "Ok then, but you have to sign some papers"

I nodded.

God knows what papers.

Then he called someone, talked with that person for some time,and put his mobile in his pocket.

After sometime one man came with some papers in his hand. He gave those papers to Mr. Kapoor and left.

"This is the paper which states that after getting money, you will not back off from marrying my son, and it also states that after your marriage, you can't divorce him, and if you do so, then I have full right to snatch your house from you," he said, which almost gave me a heart attack. I was shocked. I felt there was no difference between him and his son.

What type of deal is that? How will I be  able to live under the same roof with that jerk rest of my life?

"So, agree?" He asked, looking at me.

I wanted to shout and say I don't agree, but now I don't have any other option than to agree to this so-called agreement.

"Yes," I replied.

"If you want to read the papers, then you can read them," he said as forwarded those papers and a pen.

Again, my mind started begging me not to sign those papers. I felt like I was inviting my own death, but my mom is more important to me than anything.

I signed those papers and gave them back to him. He glanced at those papers where I signed. "Miss. Raichandr, you will get your money. I am telling the doctor to start her operation."

I stood up, wiping away my tears.

"Thank you, sir," I thanked him.

"No need to thank me, but I should be the one to thank you for agreeing to this," he said, giving me a warm smile and patting my head. I looked at him, confused.

"Sir, can I ask you something?" I asked him while walking.

He nodded.

"Sir, you already know that Shourya sir has a girlfriend, then why do you want me to marry him?" I wanted to know why he wants me to marry his jerk like son.

"One day you will come to know," he said.

▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪▪

"Di, what would we do now? Di-did you ar-arrange money for the operation?" Divya asked as soon as I entered mom's room.
I looked at her, her eyes were all red and puffy. Tears started rolling down my cheeks, looking at her state. Then I looked at mom, who was still sleeping.

"Di, tell nah," she shook me by grabbing my arms as if she was trying to wake me from my sleep.

"Yeah"

I went near mom and took her hand in mine while sitting beside her. 'Mom, please don't leave us... mom, I know what I did is wrong, I am spoiling three lives... I know I am trying to snatch someone's happiness, but what should I do, mom? I don't have any other option.. I can't lose you... I know if you find out about this, you will hate me, but mom, I don't have any other option. I wish my dad was here to help me.'

"Doctor, please start her operation," Mr. Kapoor said to the doctor, and the  doctor nodded and instructed the nurses to take my mom to the  operation theatre.

"Miss. Raichandr, you have to complete some formalities. Please come with me," the doctor said. I wiped my tears and went with him.

After completing the hospital formalities, I came and sat outside the operation theatre. Divya also sat beside me. She was also crying.

God, please save my mom.

"Miss. Raichandr, don't lose hope, everything will be fine," Umesh Kapoor said, patting my and Divya's heads.

I gave him a small smile, then he left from there.

How was it?

Please don't forget to vote and  comment

Stay blessed

Vel💕