Chapter 13 - A Father's Worry

Start from the beginning

"Listen, everyone!" The instructor called out a few moments later with a clap of her hands. The class quieted while she spoke, "I've seen some great progress today! Keep practicing at home. Everyone's doing really well! Before we end for the night, I have another video to show you, so if everyone will please move where they can see the screen!"

Shuffling noises took over the room while the class's instructor popped the video tape into the vcr.

The alphas in the class helped their omegas sit up and Draco was no exception.

Since Draco had watched several educational videos, he had seen enough that he had become familiar with the concept of muggle television.

He also knew how Harriet was most comfortable for such occasions.

Draco sat up on the mat and opened his arms to Harriet. He placed one of the practice pillows against his chest and opened his legs to allow Harriet to snuggle against him, which she did with a reluctant huff.

As the class waited for their teacher to finish preparing the video, Draco's hands snaked up to Harriet's belly and splayed lovingly over the bump that seemed to grow everyday.

Harriet glanced up at Draco for a moment and he smiled back down at her before he pressed a kiss against her lips.

It still seemed odd to her most days, that Draco Malfoy, cold, calculating, sneering Draco Malfoy......could be so loving.

Harriet's thoughts were called away by the teacher's voice, "Alright, class! Today we're going to see something a little different! If you have a weak stomach, I implore you to turn away when you need to do so. This is my fourth week with you all and we've managed to go over quite a bit of information."

A sly grin of confidence slipped across Draco's lips.

He wasn't worried about watching another birth, how many had he already seen on that muggle machine?

Three?

Four?

Unlike the weaker alphas that he and Harriet had as classmates, Draco had never looked away from the screen during the visual aid part of their classes.

He always laughed under his breath at the alphas that turned their heads.

"We've gone over positions and exercises, different methods, and the various risks and benefits of several interventions." The teacher reminded her class, "Today, we're going to examine an alternate route, the Caesarean section. I understand it isn't a popular choice among alphas and omegas, but it's my job as your educator to make you aware of your options in the event that on the big day, things go differently than you imagined."

Harriet didn't know the intricate details, but she was aware of Caesarean sections and what they involved.

The wizarding world's medical treatment relied largely on spells and potions.

Open surgeries were for the most part, muggle undertakings.

Draco had no idea what a Caesarean section was.......

He thought that was going to be another breathing exercise.

Harriet placed her hands over Draco's as they watched a pregnant woman appear on the screen, lying on a hospital bed with a man who was presumably her alpha, standing beside her.

Draco's eyes narrowed as he noticed the woman didn't appear to be in pain, but she did have a covering over her head, nose, and mouth as she lay on the table.

That struck him as odd.

How was she supposed to breathe with all that cloth covering her airways?