Book Two: Epilogue

Roger opened his eyes as air rushed past his face. He was falling through a sunny blue sky. Clouds fogged around him, not slowing him down.

He waved his arms while screaming like a girl. But two warm big arms wrapped around him as something soft clenched him.

"We got you, sweetie!" Cilla's voice shouted.

Roger stopped screaming, but his blood didn't stop rushing through his body. He will still fall to his death, even if the Cerberus clenched him.

Below, blueness covered the entire ground, meaning Roger and the girls were falling down toward an ocean.

Roger sighed before the cold splash engulfed him. The Cerberus released him so he could swim straight toward the surface.

After he caught his breath over the water, he spotted a boat near the coast.

"Hey! There's a boat over there!" Roger paddled to the boat, still clenching on Hades's Bident.

It looked like a sailboat, but it was wooden with one square sail, waving in the breezy air. When he got close, he climbed over the edge and landed on the floor like a fish.

Katina, Labda, and Cilla clambered over next and sat down next to him. All of them coughed saltwater out from their lungs.

After Roger calmed down, he noticed an old man standing near the edge, holding a fishing net. Heavily tanned with long white hair and skin wrinkly as beef jerky. He wore a white robe and sandals, which was odd for a fisherman. With his eyes on the Cerberus, his skinny legs tremored.

Cilla waved to him. "Hello!"

The old fisherman dropped his net and dived into the water while screaming, "Monster! Monster! Zeus! Help me!"

"Zeus?" Labda rose and shook the water off her back. "Did he say, Zeus?"

Katina wiggled her finger in her left pointy ear. "Sorry. My ears were full of water."

Roger removed the helmet and dumped water from it. When he looked up, his eyes widened, and he pointed his finger up. "Look!"

On top of the coastal cliff, a colossal monument stood toward the edge of a giant stone square structure. A giant tall muscular man with a short beard and a robed skirt around his waist, holding a lightning bolt toward the sky.

Roger rubbed his eyes and checked the statue. "I have never seen that statue there before."

"It isn't supposed to be there," Labda explained. "The humans pulled it down when they rebelled against the gods."

"Then why is it back up there?"

Labda rose and looked around, widening her eyes. "We must be in Greece, but not in the present."

"Then what the hell is the year?" Katina shouted.

"I cannot say, but I believe we are in the ancient time."

"The ancient time?" Roger asked.

"Before the gods left and the heroes existed."

Roger gulped. First the Underworld, and now we are in the past? This is crazy!

*****

When Medusa's snakes rattled, she lifted her face off the shore and spat out sand, clearing the salty taste off her tongue. She rose to her feet and picked up her scepter, relieved she didn't lose it.

Now, where am I? She faced a grassland on the beach. White mountains stood far away, but she didn't recognize them. At least she wasn't back in the human city.

"Halt! Monster!" a man's voice shouted.

Across the beach, four men in bronze Linothorax armor suits raced toward her, raising their swords. Their helmets concealed their identities.

On instinct, Medusa blasted her power toward them from her eyes, turning them into stone. After she stopped, she approached the statues with her mouth wide open. "Oh, mine....."

Medusa recognized them to be Greek warriors. She didn't see any of them in the human city because the time period was difficult. None of them no longer existed after a thousand years. But if they were on the beach, that could mean.....

"I must be in the past!" Medusa curled her lips into a grin. "How random....."

If she was back in the ancient time of Greece, then the Olympian gods haven't left the Earth yet. This will give her a chance to wipe them all out, especially Athena and Poseidon. And then she will become the new goddess of the Earth where everyone will respect her or be turned to stone.

She stared at the blue sunny sky and laughed. This time the gods will not leave the Earth. She will be their judgment.

Author's note:

"This is the last chapter for book two. The next one will be the final story arc, and I might continue it in the fall or next year. I hope you enjoyed book two."