Chapter 29 Superheroes

A week later

"When you've been fighting for it all your life. You've been struggling to make things right. That's how a superhero learns to fly..." The couple sang in unison, bouncing to the beat of Superheroes.

"Every day, every hour, turn the pain into power." Ye Jin raved.

"All the hurt all the-" Their sing-along session was interrupted by the static noises of the radio, engulfing them in the quiet silence of the forest shortly after.

"Looks like we're out of range. We won't get any reception until we arrive at the house." Hyun Bin explained after turning a few knobs.

Shrugging her shoulders lightly, Ye Jin rolled down the windows instead.

She breathed, letting the sharp, sweet refreshing mix of pinewood waft over her face. Ye Jin felt her soul opening up to the kinship she naturally had with the flora and fauna with every breath she took.

The pine trees must be a few stories tall, growing and reaching towards the golden threads of light. The quiet sounds of nature worked through the arboreal air, lulling and bursting with energy like a choir without a score.

Feeling the wind tumble through her raven black locks, Ye Jin smiled. Nothing beats nature.

Looking over at his lover, Hyun Bin smiled too. Ye Jin was at home in the forest and he couldn't be happier watching her relax with nature. Their hands met in the space between them, entwined in their love even without a sound.

Peace.

All their lives, they have been looking for that complete peace in their lives and now, they have finally found it.

Soon, they arrived at the Kim family's vacation home. Stepping out of the car with their duffle bags in tow, the couple took a collective breath.

Serenity flowed through the forest just like the water that flowed down the cool river waters.

It was a perfect winter. Not too cold such that they were shivering in their boots but not too warm either that it caused winter to lose its sparkling beauty.

Around them, the pine trees swayed gently to the misty breeze, their branches sweeping against one another in a call of welcome to the prince and his swan.

"Ruff ruff!" Rose barked happily as she ate at the nature-blessed air.

In front of them stood the glorious vacation house.

Situated deep in the forest, it was clear that land wasn't an issue in terms of housing the large yet well-proportioned vacation home. Rectangular in structure, what made the house unique was truly the northern wall made entirely out of glass, allowing natural light to stream into the house beautifully.

Most of the house was painted white with an equally posh white porch wrapping the front of the house

Most of the house was painted white with an equally posh white porch wrapping the front of the house. Beams of black added to the classy vibes whereas the first signs of flooring were made out of pure beech wood.