Epilogue

Clary

It has been a year since my graduation and my new position at the hospital's Internal Medicine Department by Jace's side. I was the envy of that floor since most of the women thought that Jace was very handsome, but he was married to me. We worked side by side at the hospital. One night Jace came to the nurse's station looking for me because he wanted us to have dinner together. Dinner time came and he picked me up and we went to the cafeteria and put our order in. He looked like he had something on his mind and I was getting worried, but I waited until we sat at our table. Jace looked at me and took a deep breath before he started to say what was on his mind.

"Clary, I have been thinking a lot about us. We have been married for several years now and we both are set in our careers, but I feel like something is missing in our lives. I want to talk to you about it and see how you feel."

"You are making me nervous. I really thought you were happy with me. What is missing? Is it something I am doing wrong? Please, tell me"

"Clary, I am so sorry that I am scaring you! Of course, I am happy with you, I love you. What I have to say has me nervous and I am coming across the wrong way. Let me clear this up, please."

"I understand. Please, explain yourself and take your time."

"What I meant to say is that we both have reached the goals that we had set for ourselves and now it is time to complete our goals. First, I have been looking at houses and have found the perfect house. I love my parents and living in the manor, but it is time for us to move on our own and to our own place. Second, I want to have a baby with you. That is what I meant when I said something was missing."

"Oh, Jace, are you sure?"

"Of course I am sure. This is the second most important decision of my life. The first was asking you to marry me instead of that geek."

"Then, yes. I want a baby too. I have always wanted one, but we had decided on setting our careers first. The house is also important to me, so you can take me to see it unless you already decided to buy it."

"You have made me the happiest man alive. First, you marry me and now wanting to have my baby! Yes, I decided to buy the house only if you like it. We are going to start on step two of our goals this weekend. I already have a hotel reservation. We do not want our parents hearing us hard at work baby-making."

"Jace, stop it! You are something else."

Jace

The weekend came and we packed our bag for the weekend. I never have seen Clary so happy since our wedding day. We spent the weekend happy in our own little world. After dinner and a bottle of champagne, we went to our room. We both stripped out of our clothes faster than on our first night together. We have been married nine beautiful years and it is time to add a new member to our family. We laid in bed together kissing each other until we were in that right moment of heat and passion when I took her. All I thought about how I would never get tired of making love to my Clary. The longer I was with her, the more I wanted her. I thrust her over and over until she screamed out my name in her moment of passion and I released all of me at the sound of her voice. I collapsed on top of her with my face in her neck saying her name over and over again. We held each other in our arms until I was ready to take her again. Each and every time it ended the same way. We fell into a deep sleep after a night of lovemaking. The next day we ordered food and stood in the room eating, watching movies, and making love.

Four Months Later

We had a young man brought into the emergency room. He had collapsed during his college class. When I went to see the patient, it was Raphael, Max's friend from the hospital. His kidney was failing. I got him stable and decided to talk to him about removing the kidney instead of having him continue to be on medicine. Raphael decided to put his life in my hands and with Clary by my side, I performed the surgery that I have been waiting for years. The surgery was a success and Raphael was going to recover well. Clary and I walked out of the operating room when she suddenly felt faint. She said she was feeling tired and nauseous, so I took her home. I put Clary in bed and told her that if she was not well, I was going to run some tests to see what was wrong. The next morning I reached out for Clary because she was not next to me and the bed was empty. I got up and put my boxers on and saw the bathroom door closed. As I approached the door, I could hear Clary vomiting. I walked in and coached beside her and pulled her hair away from her face. When she was done, she brushed her teeth. I helped her get back to bed and I got dressed. I had an idea of what I was going to do.