Chapter 8

Clary

We finished our lunch and Sebastian left for his class. I met up with Izzy and Maia who were waiting for me. I knew that they would have lots of questions for me. Izzy put her arm around mine and started the third degree.

"You have avoided talking about what has happened with Jace and why did Sebastian buy you lunch?

"First of all, I am done pursuing Jace and after a fiasco on Christmas, I have asked him to never speak to me again. As for Sebastian, he thought I was Jace's girlfriend so he never tried to ask me out. We have a date tomorrow."

"You know that he is a player right?" Maia looked very serious when she said it. "I have heard that he forced himself on one of the girls he asked out. On their first date."

"Girls, you know how rumors get around school. Remember the poster about Jace and me. That was not true at all, but everyone still thinks Jace and I had a thing going on secretly."

"Where is he taking you on your first date?"

"We are going to the movies tomorrow night, that is all."

Jace

I watched in shock as Sebastian got close to Clary as she was leaving class. My instincts kicked in and I followed them to the lunchroom. He purchased her lunch along with his and he went to a table the was away from anyone's hearing. She was smiling at him and looked comfortable with him. This weird feeling crept up on me, but I cannot figure out what it is. I just hate seeing her with him. As I was walking to class Maia and Izzy called me. I stopped to see what they wanted and pulled  me into an empty hallway. They looked like they were worried about something.

"Jace, you have to do something about Clary talking to Sebastian."

"Whoa, that is any of my business. Besides, Clary is not speaking to me. She has not spoken to me since Christmas."

"I thought you like her, Herondale," Izzy said with her brows lifted.

"What makes you think that I like her?"

"The way you watch her when she passes you buy. The jealous look on your face when you were watching her with Sebastian." Maia snickered when she said this.

"I am not jealous!"

"Hey, keep kidding yourself, Jace, and you might just end up losing her." Izzy had her arms crossed stomping her foot.

"We all know he is a player. We have heard rumors in the girl's locker room and ladies' room, that Sebastian has forced himself on girls on their first date. Then he goes around bragging about how they begged him to sleep with them."

"You are right, I cannot let anything happen to Clary. My parents will never forgive me. I will follow them when they leave. Find out if they set a time so that I can be in my car ready to follow them when he picks her up."

"Sounds like a plan."

The girls went to their class and I went to mine. They are right, I have to protect Clary. She is a sweet girl and does not deserve to be hurt by the likes of Sebastian.

Clary

I cannot wait until the end of class. Sebastian asked me out to the movies and I said yes. I need to shower and choose an outfit as soon as I get home. Maia and Izzy have been playing twenty questions about my date. I just do not understand the two of them on how they do not want me to go out with Sebastian. They know Jace does not want me or love me and I need to get on with my life. As soon as the bell rang I was out the door and walking home as fast as I could. I jumped in the shower and went to my room to chose an outfit. I picked a blue thigh-high dress and thigh-high boots. I curled my hair and just let it loose. My makeup was blue eyeshadow and liner. Sebastian said he would pick me up at six. I heard a knock on the door and it was Sebastian, fifteen minutes early. 

"Hi Sebastian, you are early."

"Sorry, but I really have been excited about our first date."

"Me too."

"If you are ready, we can go now."

"Sure, let us go."

We walked to his car and got in. He took his time driving to the theater. When he got there, he purchased some drinks, popcorn, and my favorite candy. We went in and found some seats. It was a horror movie and I was a little bit scares, so Sebastian put his arm around me and held me tight. I felt a little uncomfortable but I let it go, after all this was my first date with any boy period. There was a park across the street from the theater and he asked if I wanted to take a walk down to the stream. He said that on a clear night like tonight, you can see the stars. I told him that it was fine and we started walking. He held my hand as we walked in the dark so that I would not trip. He had gotten a flashlight out of the car and was shining the way in front of us. It was true, the view of the stars was just beautiful.

"You were right Sebastian, the stars are beautiful tonight."

"Just as beautiful as you are tonight."

This when Sebastian tried to kiss me. At first, I just let it happen and it was a soft kiss and I was enjoying it, but then he got rougher and harder. I was trying to pull away but he had me by the waist and kept pulling me towards him. Next thing I knew he had pushed me down on the ground and was on top of me trying to force my mouth open with his. I kept telling him no and trying to push him away from me, but he was too heavy. He had his hand under my dress and was trying to pull on my panties. That is when I pushed his face and started screaming.

"Jaaaace! Help me, Jace."

All of a sudden, I saw someone standing over us. He grabbed Sebastian by the back of his shirt and pulled him off me.

"Get your dirty hands off Clary."

It was Jace and he was growling at Sebastian. He stood between Sebastian and me.

"Clary, are you alright? Get up if you can."

"Yes, I am alright."

I picked myself off the ground and stood behind Jace. Sebastian and Jace were facing each other and practically growling at each other.

"I am taking Clary home. If you ever look at her or talk to her or even try to touch her again, I will end you. Do not even speak about her at school or anyone for that matter, because if I hear you spreading rumors about tonight, I will not be responsible for what happens to you."

He grabbed my hand, interlacing his fingers with mine, and led me back on the path. I was so shaken that I kept tripping over my feet and Jace just scooped me into his arms and carried me to the car. Once we were in the car he led out a breath that I do not think he knew he was holding. Then he asked me the question I was afraid for anyone to ask.

"Clary, did he get to rape you?"

"No, Jace he did not. You got there on time. I do not know what would have happened if you did not get there on time. How did you hear me call you? How did you know where I was?"

"Izzy and Maia were worried about you. So was I so, I followed you everywhere tonight."

"Jace, thank you so much. I am so sorry that I have been a jerk towards you."

"Clary, why did you call me instead of your dad?"

"Because I still love you and for some reason, I knew you would be there to protect me."

"I will always protect you, Clary, always."

After this night, things changed between Jace and me.