Chapter 11

Jace

I was sitting at the gazebo taking a break before finishing my work for the night. A blond girl came to the gazebo and started flirting with me. In a matter of fact, she has been following me and flirting all day. She started getting closer to me as I stood up to leave and I had to tell her I was not interested.

"Listen, I really have to get back to work. There are things I need to finish before I retire for the night."

"Well, maybe this will change your mind."

"She put her arms around my neck and kissed me. At that moment, I kissed her back to see if I could kiss someone that was not Clary. The minute I tried to kiss her, I pushed her away. This is not the girl I wanted to kiss, the lips I so crave for. When I looked up, I saw that Clary was standing there with tears rolling down her face. I called out to her, but she ran towards the woods. I called her again, but I lost sight of her.

"Listen, you are a very beautiful girl, but I am not interested because I am in love with someone. Excuse me, I need to find her."

I ran into the lobby to find a flashlight. As soon as I did, I headed the same way I saw Clary run off to. It was really dark and I was hoping that she did not go too far. After about twenty minutes of walking, I started calling out her name, and then I heard her call me."

"Clary, where are you?"

"Jace, I am here."

"Clary, are you alright."

"I am, now that you are here."

"I was afraid that I was not going to be able to find you. Why did you run off like that?"

"I do not want to talk about it. Just get me back to the resort. I am really tired."

We arrived back at the resort and she headed for her suite. I followed behind her without saying a word. I cleared my throat to give her an explanation of what she thought she saw, but words would not come out of my mouth. She looked really angry but I had to clear things up with her.

"Clary, I need to explain to you what happened."

"I saw what happened, Jace, I am not blind. The girl kissed you and you let her. I am so stupid for acting the way I did because I know you will never love me. I am so sorry."

"Will you give me a chance to explain to you. You ran away before you saw the ending of that scenario. I did push her away and I told her that I was not interested in her."

"Of course you did because all you care is about yourself and your damn goal. No one's feelings are important to you. You are selfish and self-centered and love yourself."

"No Clary, you are wrong. I told her that I am not interested because I have fallen in love with someone. You, Clary, I have fallen in love with you."

"What do you think, that this is some kind of joke? Do you think you are going to stand there and make fun of me? If you noticed, I am not laughing. You are not and will never be in love with me. I am just someone you use to amuse yourself. You are rude and cruel towards me. One minute your nice and the next minute you hate me. Well, I am done with you. Do not worry because I am going home in the morning."

Think, Jace, think. The next thing I know, I grabbed her by the shoulders and pushed her against the wall, and kissed her. My kiss was hard and desperate, but I softened it and let her feel the passion that I feel for her. I started running my tongue slowly on her bottom lip, asking her to part her lips for me and she slowly let me in. I took possession of her tongue and deepened my kiss taking full control of her. Then I slowly started ending the kiss, pulling away from her. My arms were still around her waist and I looked straight into her eyes. Then the words started spilling out of my mouth before I could stop them.

"Clary, I have fallen in love with you. I have fought it with all my might, telling myself that my goals for my future were more important than these feelings stirring inside of me. When that girl kissed me, I let her, for me to see if I would enjoy kissing her, but I pushed her away because I could not kiss her back. It was your lips that I craved for, your lips that I wanted to taste. When I saw you in your bathing suit today, I wanted you. I had to fight myself to keep away from you because of what I wanted to do. That was all I was thinking about the rest of the day."

She just kept looking into my eyes like if she was trying to read me, without saying a word.

"Clary, are you going to say something to me, or am I too late?"

"No, you are not too late. You do not know how long I have waited for those words to leave your lips. It is just such a shock right now. You know that I love you, and have been in love with you since that first day of school, during freshman year."

I kissed her again softly, not wanting to let her go. My body was so full of desire until she pushed away and whispered to me.

"Oh my God, Jace, we both forgot about your brother and he had to listen to all this."

We both turned around to look towards the couch where he was probably sitting down watching the television, but to our surprise, he had his cellphone in front of him and was smiling.

"Max, what are you doing with your phone?"

"Are you kidding me, bro, I recorded the whole thing. Mom and dad will never believe me when I tell them what happened. Now I have proof that Jace Herondale finally admitted that he is in love with Clary. Even I knew it and I am only twelve!"

We both looked at him and then at each other and started to laugh. That is so true, they will never believe that those words just came from me. I cannot believe how I spilled my guts to Clary and my little brother was a witness with a recording that I could not deny. There are no regrets because I meant every word I said.