If I Could Fly to the End of the Dream

Hello again everyone! How are we today?

We are nearing the end, but I'm not exactly sure how many chapters are left. I've kinda gone backwards and I've already got the last chapter planned, but I need to actually get there now.

I'm actually blown away by how popular this book is. I just started writing because it was an idea that I had and now I'm nearly at 460 reads with 61 votes. Thank you all!

As always, credit for the featured songs will be given at the ending Author's note.

********************************************

Louis and Harry spent the morning just reveling in the other's presence, still not quite believing that the other was with them.

Harry was more thankful than ever that Louis understood that he was scared out of his mind that he would leave him. He understood that Louis was his own person and that Louis couldn't always control everything that happened, but he was still thankful that the Doncaster boy was as understanding as he was.

That was something that Harry always marveled at where Louis was concerned. He always had this way about him that made everyone that met him feel accepted, safe. Harry sometimes envied him of that because he wished that he could do that with everyone that he met too.

Louis made him feel inadequate with the ease he has with his fans. Harry knows that he's referred to by his own fans as the king of entertaining the crowd, but at the end of the day, he knows that Louis' fans would almost literally die for him.

Not that Louis would encourage that himself, of course.

Louis on the other hand was still in awe that Harry accepted him back in spite of all the residual damage that was quite evident in his eyes. Damage that he caused due to his own behavior. His recklessness and habits.

Harry still got lost in his own insecurity and felt that Louis could do much better than him, not realizing that Louis only has eyes for him. Harry quite possibly never realized that Louis was sitting back and watching Harry from afar in admiration and resignation.

Louis knew that he would find no one better for him.

They had a long way to go before they were okay, but Louis had faith they would get there. He knew they would be alright this time because they had a plan and Harry seems ready to actually talk to him now.

They knew they needed to have a conversation about what happened, but they decided to just enjoy each other's presence before dampening the mood with what happened.

After breakfast in the room as well as time to get reacquainted with each other's bodies, they redressed and went back to the living area of Harry's, now their, hotel suite.

"Harry," Louis broke the ice, "We really need to talk about what all is going on."

Harry plopped onto the sofa next to where Louis sat down before looking at him, eyes bright but with a skeptical look in them, "How do you suppose we do that? I know there's things you're not legally allowed to tell me, you've said as much."

Louis just nodded but then picked up his notebook and opened it to a blank page and uncapped a pen, "If there's anything you need to know that I can't say, then I guess I just won't say it." He then gestured to the notebook and Harry saw that he wrote down a single sentence.

I'll write it down here, we'll get rid of the pages later.

Harry smiled and Louis returned it, before leaning in to give him a kiss.