Through the Dark, There's Something Great

This one will have just a small section of two songs. Nothing too huge, but I will still give credit for them at the bottom as always.

***********************************************************************

It's been several days since their talk and Harry and Louis have fallen back into their friendship almost naturally. There is still the awkward carefulness about them, such as not wanting to say the wrong thing or just simply not wanting to overstep the boundaries that haven't been in place for a long time.

It was very strange for them.

Harry felt both elated that they were healing, but at the same time he felt strange about their situation. If he was being honest with himself, he still had reservations about Louis. His heart is screaming at him that Louis is the one for him and that there is no one else, but his head is telling him to hold back, don't trust him, he'll only hurt you again, it's far too soon to tell.

He feels like this uncertainty that he feels within himself is going to make him pull his hair out in frustration.

On the other side of the coin, Louis is nervous.

He never for even a second considered that Harry would be willing to enter into a relationship with him again. Sure he may have said not yet, but he didn't say not ever. This thought scared Louis because he still thinks back to the times that he screwed up their relationship before. Harry may have said that they both bear some of the blame, but Louis knew the truth.

It was all his fault.

Still, he did say that he was willing to eventually try again so Louis was going to try his absolute damnedest to do right by him. His first step was to watch the video of Harry's last performance before he jumped on the plane to Heathrow.

Louis heard his message loud and clear. Execution of that message on the other hand would be the hard part.

There's no question on whether or not Louis trusts Harry. He trusts the curly haired boy with his life. He just doesn't trust himself. He's made too many mistakes that were too similar that he's proven to himself that he's incapable of learning from his mistakes.

Evidently Harry thinks differently, because "all that's done's forgiven" so he will at least try to prove himself worthy of Harry's faith, whether or not he believes it's misplaced or not.

It's currently in the afternoon and Harry looked at the date along with the weather on his phone, December 7th. Cold but not absolutely freezing.

He was dressed casually in skinny jeans and a sweatshirt. He walked into the living area and saw Louis wearing a similar outfit, only with trackpants instead of skinny jeans.

Louis was doing something on his phone, likely scrolling on Twitter, and hadn't noticed that Harry had entered the room yet so Harry just stood in the doorway and looked at him, I've forgotten how soft and cuddly he looks in winter clothing.

Harry always loved how Louis would wear sweatshirts that could practically swallow him whole. Usually they would be Harry's as his were a couple of sizes larger than what Louis actually needed to wear. Obviously now he has some sweaters of his own, but looking at him now, Harry's noticing that Louis has nicked one of his sweaters, That sneaky little imp. When did he get that?

Harry opened his mouth with a smirk, "When did you decide to take that?"

Louis resembled a scalded cat in how he jumped, nearly dropping his phone, "Jesus, Haz! Ya trying to give a guy a heart attack?!"