It took her seconds for her to speak. “You called me for that?”

“I called you because we need to talk.” He said. Juvia heave a sigh. She thought she is going to be fired. Then, she looked around. She is looking for his boss. “Don’t worry, the President is not here. I made him leave so we could talk.”

Juvia’s jaw dropped. She was surprised of what Gray is capable of. She rolled her eyes at her thought. Of course, he is my boss’ boss. He could actually destroy this company.

“Juvia, we need to talk about Xander. I want to be there for my son.”

“O-Of course,” Juvia stuttered. She actually didn’t expect this. Yesterday, when they met and ready to talk, she doesn’t really know what to say to him. Or how will they talk about their son, Xander.

Gray offered a seat for Juvia. They sat on the couch. They were across each other. Juvia is fidgeting her nails. Gray acted normally but the truth is he’s scared as hell.

“Did he find me when he woke up? How was he? Is he fine? Who takes care of him when you were at work?” Gray asked consecutively. His voice is evidently concerned. He had been very worried about yesterday. He felt like shit because he didn’t come back for his son. He knows they just met yesterday but that made him an anxious father already.

Juvia smiled. She had never seen Gray asked continuously like that. And that made her heart swell because he cares about his son. “He was alright when he woke up yesterday. He just played with his toy cars then he watched his favorite series on Disney Channel. Juana helps me a lot and she takes care of Xander when I am at work.” Gray is eagerly listening to him. Juvia smiled. “And yes, he did look for you. I remember he said, ‘Da-da’”

When Xander woke up yesterday, Juvia was surprised when Xander suddenly said, ‘Dada’, Xander repeatedly saying that word. Juvia teared up when he heard his son.

Gray’s face lightens up. “Really?”

Then Gray remembered when he was playing with Xander yesterday; he was repeatedly saying ‘Daddy’ to Xander. Gray was teaching his son to say those words. He kept on saying and saying it to Xander. He smiled at that thought. Xander mouthed the word yesterday, of course, he heard it.

“Da-da?” Xander said while facing Gray, smiling.

“Yes! Yes! Dadda!” He said while laughing. He carried his son and gave him a kiss on the cheeks. “Yes, baby. I’m Daddy!”

Gray smiled at that thought. He had fun with his son yesterday but he felt bad when he left and didn’t come back.

“He had easily remembered you.” Juvia said. Gray smiled, too. He seemed to be a proud father.

Then both of them stayed silent. The happiness of earlier had gone. It was really awkward between them. Gray doesn’t know what to say. He said they need to talk but he actually didn’t know what to say.

“Does Xander carry my name?” Gray broke the silence.

Juvia’s eyes widened and she looked down. She shook her head. “No. He bears my name. Xander Gray Lockser.”

Gray’s jaw tightened. He really wanted to be part of his son’s life. “I wanted to give him my name. I’m going to fix his papers. I want him to bear my name.”

Juvia looked at him. “Of course,”

It fell quiet again. Neither of them speaks nor looks into each other’s eyes. Both of them had questions in their mind but none of them had the strength to ask. Juvia’s mind is scattered. She is terrified; too many thoughts are haunting her.