"As for these things, they're rare so maybe I'll auction them?" Mai raised an eyebrow and examine all the items in the bag. They're condition is okay so they can be sold.

"Never thought you're so into money. I'm confused as to why you're previously working part-time jobs and acting like a normal high school girl in poverty. Why did you even enter high school?" Naru said making Mai laugh.

"I need to avoid my relatives' eyes so I act like that. Besides, I can gather inside informations about the country by working. It's a bit inconvenient but useful."

"And what are those inside information?"

"Haha. Nothing! It's just to protect myself. Hehe." Mai answered nervously facing Naru's serious face. She can't possibly tell her that she's involved into something troublesome, can she?

"Are you sure?"

"Yeah! Don't worry!"

"Okay."

"The meeting's done so I'll just put all these things in my apartment. I'll send you back." Mai said to him as she gathered the bags from the ground. She turned to Naru just to see his hesitant cold face.

"What's wrong?" Mai asked him, making him snapped.

"Nothing. I'm just wondering if you will go to the night market this evening." He answered and now it's Mai's turn to freeze.

"H-how did you know I go to the night market?" Mai asked, flustered.

"I saw it in one of your photos."

"Oh.." Mai answered while scolding herself for thinking that Naru's a mind reader. They began to walk towards the train station as Mai thought of something.

"Do you want to come with me?" Naru turned to her after saying that sentence. He looked a bit confused but he returned to normal after a sew moments. Mai thought he'll refuse but she unexpectedly saw him nod.

"Eh?! You sure?!"

"Yes. I've never been in a night market before." Naru answered nonchalantly, making Mai happy.

"That's cool! Here, quickly give Lin a word! We'll be touring around all night so you better be prepared! I had a lot of things to show you!" Mai set aside her suspicions and immediately gave him her phone back.

Naru hummed and composed an email before sending it to Lin. He quickly erased the history after it was sent. She was so excited that she didn't noticed how she held unto Naru's arm. She dragged him after booking some tickets and quickly entered the train while telling him her adventures in her previous visit to the night market.

It didn't take long for them to reach Mai's apartment. Naru look at the building in front of him and assess his environment. It not as luxurious as the hotel he's currently living in but it's pretty decent. They entered the elevator and Mai pushed a button. A few minutes later, they arrived at a floor.

"I have lived here for less than 2 years now. My neighbors are kind and it safe for me to live here. Oh, were here." Mai paused as she entered her apartment's password.

The door opened with a click as they entered. Mai placed the bags beside the cabinets and immediately got a disposable slippers for Naru. Naru looked around and noticed how neat Mai's apartment is. The walls are painted with light blue but the curtains and tablecloths used are baby pink. It gives both the lonely and homely vibe.

'Ah. Yeah. I forgot that's she's living alone.'

"Come in. It's still five so the night market's not ready yet. We have four hours left before it get lively. Do you want some tea?" Mai went to the kitchen after seeing Naru's positive response.