Infinity War Part 7

Start from the beginning

"Well, well." Thanos says 

Nebula runs at Thanos, attacking him with her sword.  "Where's Gamora?!"

Thanos punches her away. Strange uses the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak to pinion the gauntlet, pulling Thanos' fingers open and trying to pry the gauntlet off his hand.

Thanos tries to pull free, as Drax slides in from his right, kicking his knee and knocking him off-balance, then wrapping himself around Thanos' kneeling leg.

Star-Lord shoots a electric trap onto the ground to Thanos' right, the tangle-field holding down his unarmored hand.

Peter swings in, webs Thanos' chest then wraps it around behind him, digging his Iron Spider legs into the ground to anchor himself.

Astrid flies in, and controls the ground underneath him and makes a small whole, which his legs fall into, and controls the dirt to fill the whole. 

Strange opens a portal straight above Thanos' out of which drops Mantis, landing on the Titan's shoulders, her hands on his temples. He bellows as she tries to put him under.

Tony, having returned, is pulling on the gauntlet. Doctor Strange reapplies the Crimson Bands of Cyttorak to reinforce the trap's hold on Thanos' right hand, and the Cloak helps him pull. Thanos is finally subdued enough to incapacitate, not fully asleep.

"Is he under? Don't let up." Tony says

Mantis starts to cry. "Be quick. He is very strong."

"Parker, help! Get over here."

Peter drops his web-line, and hurries to help Tony with the gauntlet. 

"She can't hold him much longer. Let's go." Tony says

Star Lord flies over to join the others, stands in front of Thanos, tauntingly. "I thought you'd be harder to catch. For the record, this was my plan. Not so strong now, huh? Where is Gamora?"

"My Gamora...?"

"No. Where is she?"

"He is in anguish." Mantis says

"Good." Star Lord says

"He... he mourns." 

"What does this monster have to mourn?" Drax says

"Gamora."

"What?" Star Lord says stunned. 

"My Gamora...?" Thanos whispers. 

Nebula realizes with horror and sadness what has happened. "He took her to Vormir. He came back with the Soul Stone... but she didn't"

Tony frasps the danger immediately and de-helmets. "Okay, Quill, you gotta cool it right now, you understand?"

Quill slowly turns to Thanos

"Don't, don't, don't engage, we've almost got this off!" Tony yells pleadingly

"Tell me she's lying. Tell me you didn't do it!"

"I... had... to." Thanos whispers. 

Star Lord starts to tear up; quietly. "No, you didn't...! No, you didn't...!"

He then snaps and starts pistol-whipping Thanos thrice in the face, causing Mantis to let go in pain.

"NO, YOU DIDN'T!"

"QUILL!" Tony yells

Tony leaps for Star-Lord's arm, re-helmeting and leaving Peter to pull off the gauntlet.

"Hey, stop! Hey, stop! Stop! Hey, stop! Stop!" Tony yells at Star Lord. 

"It's coming! It's coming! It's coming! I got it! I got it.... !" Peter yells excitedly 

Thanos wakes completely, now well and truly furious. He head-butts Mantis, grabbing the cuff of the gauntlet just as it is sliding off his hand, causing Peter to stumble back, and then throwing Mantis away off his shoulders.

Astrid looses concentration and Thanos slaps her away. 

_________________________________________________

Next chapter coming soon

Keep reading my little avengers and keep the world safe!

AVENGERS

Assemble