The New Avenger Part 7

Peter P.O.V

As I stare at the girl, who apparently is Aria, and is now awake, I notice her eyes for the first time. Her eyes are a sky light blue, and her hair is longer, straighter, cleaner, and shinier. Her wings are no longer filled with dirt, but are still mangled. She is wearing pajamas that actually fits her, and she is wearing socks. 

"Uh, hi. I'm Aria." She says.

"I-I'm Peter" I say.

She smiles. I smile. Her teeth are perfectly straight, and white. Her smile is warm, and comforting. 

"Ok, Peter you know how to groom feathers, so groom hers". Wanda says

"Uh, o-ok" I say unsteadily. I had only ever groomed my pet Bird's feathers. Flutter couldn't fly due to an injury she obtained when she got hit my a car. One day me and Aunt May were driving through a quiet road when I noticed her. We got her, helped her heal, but she couldn't fly. So, since she could barely move her wings, I would groom her wings for her. That was 2 years ago. Flutter died of old age, but she lived a happy bird. 

Anyway, I had only ever done them on a bird, never for an actual person, but hey, it can't be that different right?

"What do you want me to do?" Aria asks  

I look around. 

"Wanda could you put some blankets and pillows on the ground in front of the couch and make be sort of like a nest please?" I ask. 

Wanda uses her powers to quickly make a pillow/blanket nest looking pile on the ground in front of the couch. 

"Ok, now Aria, sit on the pile." I instruct. 

She does as she is told and sits on the pile. She sits crisscross-apple-sauce. I move to sit behind her. Her Pajama shirt already had holes to allow the wings to be out in the open. 

"Do you want me to out a movie while you do this?" Wanda asks. 

I look at Aria. She looks at me. Her eyes are pleading. I smile. That was all she needed. She nods in Wanda's direction.

"What movie would you like me to put?"

"Honestly, I don't know. I haven't seen a movie in 2 months" Aria says.

Wait. My brain does a retake. 2 months? 

As if Aria could read my mind, she says, "Every 4 months we have a free day where we can not be experimented on and watch movies and play with the other kids. I was the only child there, so I would just watch movies. Although, I do remember seeing a trailer for a movie that seemed really interesting. And a series too. I'm not sure if you guys have it, but the movie is called How To Train Your Dragon." She says. 

Wanda smiles. 

"Hey Fri?" She asks. 

"Yes Ms. Maximoff?"

"Can you play How To Train Your Dragon on the living room TV please?"

"My pleasure"

The TV turns on and the movie starts playing. Aria is looking at the wall, and around the room. 

I laugh. "That's FRIDAY, Mr. Stark's AI, or Artificial Intelligence." I explain. 

"Oh. That's so COOL!" She says. "Uh, Hello? Friday was it?"

"Hello Miss Aria" FRIDAY says

"Oh, you can call me Aria"

"Alright. I now have you under 'Aria' and I shall call you that from now on."

Aria giggles

"Thanks FRIDAY"

"You're very welcome Aria"

Aria turns her attention to the TV as I turn my attention to her wings. There are crumpled feathers, sizzled feathers, her wings aren't bending the right way, and some feathers are missing. This might take awhile. 

"Ok Aria, you may feel a slight pull, but don't freak out. OK?"

"Ok."

I start to work on her feathers. I pull out the ones that are sizzled, and I groom the ones that are crumpled. I work carefully on each feather, not wanting to miss one. Her wings are so long, it takes the whole movie of How To Train Your Dragon and the first season of Riders Of Berk to finish. 

"Ok, I'm done, but your wings aren't folding the right way"

"How are they supposed to be folded?" She asks. 

I gentle move her wings into the correct position. 

"Oh, that feels way better than before. Thank you" She says. 

"You're welcome" I say. 

_________________________________________________________

AVENGERS!

Assemble