Infinity War Part 6

"The heck happened to this planet? It's eight degrees off its axis. Gravitational pull is all over the place." Star Lord says

In the background, Mantis is jumping joyfully in a low gravity spot.

"Yeah, we got one advantage. He's coming to us. We'll use it. All right, I have a plan. Or at least the beginnings of one. It's pretty simple. We draw him in, pin him down, get what we need. Definitely don't wanna dance with this guy. We just want the gauntlet." Tony says

Drax yawns.

"Are you yawning? In the middle of this, while I'm breaking it down? Huh? Did you hear what I said?" 

"I stopped listening after you said, 'We need a plan'

"Okay, Mr. Clean is on his own page." (Ok, I love that)

"See, 'not winging it; isn't really what they do." Star Lord says

"Uh, what exactly is it that they do?" Peter asks pointing at them. 

Mastis says as fiercely as an 8-week-old kitten.  "Kick names, take but"

"Yeah, that's right." Drax agrees quietly as he settles into a stance facing the remaining Avengers.

Tony pauses with an expression of deep hopelessness "Alright, just get over here, please. Mr. Lord, can you get your folks to circle up?"

" 'Mr. Lord.' Star-Lord is fine." Star lord motions Mantis and Drax over. 

"We gotta coalesce. 'Cause if all we come at him with is a plucky attitude...." Tony says

"Dude, don't call us plucky. We don't know what it means. Alright, we're optimistic, yes. I like your plan. Except it sucks, so let me do the plan, and that way it might be really good."

Peter and Astrid follows the conversation back and forth like a squash rally.

"Tell him about the dance-off to save the universe." Drax says

"What dance-off?" Tony asks

"It's not a... it's not... it's nothing." Star lord says trying to avoid the conversation

"Like in Footloose, the movie?" Peter asks

"Exactly like Footloose. Is it still the greatest movie in history?"

"It never was."

Quill frowns sadly at him. Astrid raises an eyebrow, as she has no idea what they are talking about. 

_________________________________________________

In Wakanda, the rogue Avengers, Bucky, Loki, T'Chala, the Wakandan army, Vision, Wanda, Bruce, Rhodey, Thor, Groot, and Rocket were fighting Thanos's army. 

Groot and Rocket had been sent by Star-lord (well, more like Nebula), to earth to help them in anyway that they could. 

_________________________________________________

"Don't encourage this, alright?" Tony tells Peter

"Okay."

"We're getting no help from Flash Gordon here."

"Flash Gordon? By the way, that's a compliment. Don't forget, I'm half human" Star Lord points at Tony and Peter "So that 50% of me that's stupid? That's 100% you."

"Your math is blowing my mind."

"Yeah, you have to admit" Astrid says silently to herself

"Excuse me, but... does your friend often do that?" Mantis interrupts. 

Strange is sitting cross-legged, floating slightly above the ground, his hands poised in a mystic gesture with the Time Stone glowing brightly in the Eye of Agamotto setting. Green vapor-like energy flows from the stone, and more intricate magical energy patterns circle Strange's forearms. The Cloak of Levitation flows behind him as if the Stone is creating a strong breeze. His eyes are closed, and his head is jerking rapidly from side to side, the motion blurring, but resembling looking for something.

"Strange, we alright?"

Strange snaps out of his trance and falls forward, letting out a cry.

"You're back. You're alright."

"Hey, what was that?" Astrid asks

"I went forward in time to view alternate futures. To see all the possible outcomes of the coming conflict."

"How many did you see?" Peter asks

"14,000,605."

"How many did we win?" Tony asks

Dr. Strange stares intently at Tony for a moment.

Strange pauses. "One."

_________________________________________________

Next chapter coming

keep reading my little avengers and keep the world safe!

AVENGERS

Assemble