Panic

request by @khoffart1590 I hope you like it!

Background: you suffer from anxiety. The attacks creep up on you and compromise your whole system. You're always are alone during these episodes because you retreat to your room, the bathroom, or anywhere you can't be seen. Your always alone that is until a certain someone hears you

Your POV: 

My chest began to collapse. My shaking was becoming uncontrollable. Why was this happening now? I was just watching a movie with the team? can't I just have one night? The feeling of pins and needles attacked my finger tips and my lips, breathing unsteady and mind clouded. I threw the blanket off me and got up. Walking the way that would make me less noticeable. 

Once I knew I was clear from the teams view I ran to the small bathroom that was down the hall. I closed the door behind me and slid down the door then crawled to the wall. I wanted to scream. I needed to scream. I needed it to stop. Please make it stop. I can't breathe. 

Natasha's POV: 

I looked over to see Y/N get up and walk to the bathroom. Normally she said goodnight if she was going to bed so that's what I figured. But it's been ten minutes now and she hasn't come back. I lifted the pillow off me and placed it on the couch then walked to the bathroom. 

I heard muffled cries and labored breathing. I knocked on the door "Y/N? are you ok?" she quickly answered "y-yeah I'm fine! out in a minute" her voice sounded shaky and unconvincing. I could hear the lie in her words. I opened the door and she looked up at me, her face was bright red and she cried "I c-can't breathe" I looked at her "shhhh love I'm here, can I touch you Y/N?" she nodded and I  picked her up in my arms and took her to my room. 

I carried her to my bed and laid her in my bed then sat just above her head "your ok hun, I've got you. Tell me five things you can see" she cried and I rubbed her cheek "shhhh go on love" Y/N mumbled as she shook "t-the mirror" I nodded "good girl four more things" she sucked in a breath and looked up at me "the d-desk and the chair" I nodded and she cried "I-I can't Nat it hurts" I rubbed her cheek "I know honey just try and focus on the two other things ok? can you do that for me?" she nodded and spoke "the d-doorknob and t-the notebook" I smiled "well done love. What about four things you can touch?" she took a deep breathe "the comforter, y-your sweater" I nodded and played in her hair "two more Y/N" she breathed in "m-my fingers and my bracelet" I smiled as I played in her hair "good job love. What about three things you can hear?" she looked up at me "your voice, a-and the TV. T-the fan humming" I smiled, her breathing was becoming more steady. I continued "ok love what about two things you can smell?" she looked at me "your perfume and the brownies in the oven" I chuckled "good girl. One more. Tell me one thing you can taste" she looked at me "m-my Chapstick" I nodded "well done honey"  

After a minute I grabbed my water bottle from the nightstand and sat her up "drink love" she took a sip and looked at me "I can breathe. How'd you do that?" I tucked some hair behind her ear "it's called the grounding technique I learned it a little while back" she nodded "thank you for asking to touch me. Most people just grab me" I nodded "just wanted to keep you comfortable. Do you know what happened?" she shook her head and I nodded "that's ok. Why don't you come back with me and sit with me while we finish the movie?" Y/N smiled a little and I held her hand as we walked back to the couch. I sat down and opened the blanket so she could sit on my lap. 

Y/N sat and I covered her with the blanket then rubbed the side of her arm as she relaxed into my chest. I kissed her head gently and she tucked her head in the crevasse of my neck, I let her turn and get comfortable then once she was I rubbed her back and whispered "sleep honey. I'll protect you" Y/N nodded and I felt her body sink into mine as she drifted off to sleep. 

SOFT NAT SUPREMACY!! 

As always: I love you all 3000 and thank you!