you waited

Background: You had been on a mission for a year and a half. You didn't know the mission was going to take this long. Fury said a couple days...a couple days turned into months then a year. You have been under for a year and eight months now. You longed to be back home, to be in Natasha's arms. You were afraid that she didn't wait but you wouldn't be surprised if she didn't. No one ever waited for you like this. No one ever cared enough. 

Natasha's POV: 

Current time: flashback to six months into your mission 

"Fury this is getting out of hand. Where's my girl?" Fury turned to me "I'm sorry Agent Romanoff but that's classified" I groaned "is she at least safe?" he closed the file in his hand "Romanoff you trained her. I'm sure she is handling herself just fine" I nodded then spoke "thank you sir" 

I walked away, knowing I wasn't going to get anything from him. I walked into the lounge and plopped myself on the couch. Clint sat down next to me "hey Nat" I sat forward and rested my elbows on my knees "hey Clint" he looked at me "you ok?" I nodded and pinched my nose "it's just that it's been six months since Y/N left" Clint nudged me "and the assassin misses her baby?" I cocked my eyebrow at him and he just smiled "yes I do" I confessed and Clint patted my shoulder "Nat, Y/N is your girlfriend. She is going to be just fine and she'll be back before you know it" I nodded and laughed to myself "well she better be back soon" 

Your POV:  

I woke up again this morning. The bed was cold without Nat. My anxiety attacks had returned since then, seeing that Nat was my constant medicine for the horrific mind games. I had just finished my workout and showered. I looked at the clock and poured my coffee into the small thermos and pulled the bread out of the bag to make toast. I would kill for some of Natasha's eggs and pancakes but I couldn't cook for the life of me. So I stuck with toast and ramen and eating salad. After I finished my breakfast I grabbed my bag and walked to the building. As I sat my boss walked beside me "Y/N? how's that coding coming?" I forced a smile "fine sir I jus-" he cut me off "just tell me when it's ready" I nodded and  looked at the sign above the front of the room and sucked in a breath. I always shivered when I saw the sign. Cybertek. 

-Time skip after work-

I walked into my small apartment and heard shuffling. I grabbed my icer and held it in my hands. I rounded the corner and pointed my gun. Fury looked at me and I simply lowered my gun "Director Fury" he nodded "I made chicken" I smiled and he pointed to the table "we eat and you debrief" I nodded and started to speak. 

We sat there after we had eaten and I debriefed. I looked at him "thank you for the familiar face Director" he nodded "your doing well Y/N" I smiled "thank you Sir. How's the team" he nodded "Romanoff is doing fine Y/N. Won't stop asking me about you" I laughed a little and he stood "you'll maintain your cover at Cybertek until further notice" my heart broke. I wanted Nat, but I still didn't protest Fury "yes Sir. Thank you again" he nodded and left

-Time skip- current time is now  

I woke up and looked at the clock. Four days ago marked a year and eight months since I left the compound. I hadn't seen Fury since I saw him last which was six months into this grueling mission. I had taken a nap after 'work' and I heard a knock on my door. Why would anyone be knocking on my door at 7:30 at night? I grabbed my gun and slowly opened the door to see Fury standing there. He smiled "pack your things" I smiled and shook my head "I am so happy those words came out of your mouth" he smiled and I went to pack my things. I came back to the door a couple minutes later and he led me to the quinnjet. I settled in and he looked at me "now the team doesn't know your coming ok?" I nodded, but my heart sunk when I thought about Nat. What if she left? what if I come home and she fell in love with someone else? not because she wasn't loyal but because she finally realized how annoying and dumb and ugly I am....what if she didn't wait?

We landed and I threw my bag over my shoulder. I looked in the lounge and everyone was sitting and watching a movie, I quietly put my bag down and stood in the hall. I watched as Nat was curled up in a blanket. Her red hair was longer and fell just above her shoulders. She looked so beautiful. Wanda turned her head to look around and took a double take when she saw me standing in the hall. I waved and signaled for her to tap Nat on the shoulder. She did and Nat turned to look at me

"Y/N?" she croaked out and my eyes filled with tears "hello Natasha" 

Nat jumped up from the couch and ran to me. She lifted me and hugged me tight "baby...your home" I cried and put our foreheads together "you waited" she kissed me and tucked my head in her neck then whispered in my ear "I will always wait for you. Even if it was for a million years" 

She held me close to her and it all came back. The familiar beat of her heart, the smell of her clothes and her touch. How her hand would rest on my thigh and her arms around my waist. The beautiful glow in her forest green eyes and her lips on mine. I was never leaving for that long again. We needed each other. She looked down at me "babygirl" I looked up at her and cupped her face "yes my love?" she leaned her cheek in my hand and held it to her face "god I missed your touch" I giggled "you have no idea how much I missed you" she kissed my nose "I love you Y/N" I kissed her "I love you Natasha" 

Tony looked at us "you wanna join us?" Nat looked at me and read my mind then turned to Tony "No. I think were just gonna go to my room and talk" I leaned into her and she picked up my bag and carried me to her room. I heard Clint mumbling "sure...talk" the team laughed but I didn't care. I was with Nat. And she waited. 

AWWWWWW here's some cute Nat content

As always: I love you all 3000 and thank you