6- One Step at a Time

This is a reupload. I'm so sorry, wattpad messed it up.😭

---

Joowon clapped his hands. "Woah! I thought I was watching a live drama!" He said sarcastically.

Seri glared at him. "Get out." She said coldly.

He ignored what she said. "You should've convinced your father more."

She scoffed. "You should've done something too, Mr! Unless..." She looked at him suspiciously.

He swallowed hard. "Unless what?"

"Unless you really want that wedding to happen." She sat across from him. "I don't mind though, we can just get married and explain to Ra Im after, if that's what you want."

He sighed. "Fine. I'll convince my dad and grandpa too."

"Okay, now get out." She stood up as well and got her bag and car keys.

---

"Tell me what happened in that meeting." Seri sipped her tea while waiting for Dan's answer.

"We really didn't talk about business stuff, we just caught up with our lives." Dan answered happily.

Seri's eyebrows furrowed. "What? You two what? Do you know each other?"

"Well, we're acquaintances, and oh! Don't forget my Gucci limited edition okay?" Seo Dan crossed her legs and arms.

Seri rolled her eyes. "I'll give you a Gucci because you caught up with your acquaintance?"

"A promise is a promise Yoon Seri." Dan pouted.

"I didn't make a promise though." Seri teased her.

Seo Dan stamped her feet. "Ahh Seri-yah! You're so unfair! I leave my mall just for that meeting, duh!"

"Fine, fine."

"And oh!" Dan snapped her fingers. "He's coming today."

Seri's eyes widened. "What?! Why didn't you tell me earlier?"

Dan raised her eyebrow. "Why? Am I your secretary? I already told your secretary about this."

"What time is he coming?"

She looked at her watch. "Right now. I'm going, goodluck!" Seo Dan walked away.

Seri called her secretary and as soon as he entered, she crossed her arms. "Why didn't you tell me?"

He looked down. "I'm sorry, daepyonim. By the way he's here."

She fixed her clothes. "Let him in."

Tall, physically fit, and handsome man entered. "Good morning, Miss Yoon Seri."

Seri turned around and her eyes widened. "Oh! The piano major guy!"

He let out a laugh. "Ri Jeong Hyeok." He lent his hand for a handshake.

Seri was stunned by his laugh and looked at his hand, she wholeheartedly accepted his handshake. "Yoon Seri."

They sat across from each other and they started discussing. "How about making a school for them?" She asked.

"Okay." He answered.

"We'll hire the best teacher for each instrument. What do you think?" She asked once again.

He's smiling the whole time while looking at her. "Okay." He answered once again.

Seri looked at him and crossed her arms. "Can you at least disagree? At least once?"

"But I like your ideas."

Her lips formed into a subtle smile. "Anything you'd like to add?"

"As of now, nothing. Maybe if I thought of something to add, I'll just message you." He lent his phone.

She was puzzled, she looked at him. "My phone number? My secretary's number? Or my office's number?"

He laughed. "Your number, of course. What will I do with those numbers?"

She's typing her number when her secretary entered with Joowon. She gave back his phone. "Here."

"I'll just text you if there's anything I want to suggest."

They smiled at each other. Joowon faked a cough to catch their attention.

Seri looked at him. "What are you doing here?" She asked.

Joowon walked confidently. "I'm visiting my fiancée." He answered while looking at Jeong Hyeok.

"I'm not your fiancée, and please, I'm in the middle of a meeting." She said irritatedly.

"Fine. Go on with your meeting." He sat comfortably.

"No, let's end this meeting here. I'll just message you if ever. Looks like you two have an important thing to talk about." He smiled, showing his dimples. He left the two.

"What do you want?" She asked him.

"Ra Im's going back next month."

She creased her forehead. "What happened?"

"She wants to go back. And once she's here, we'll talk about what to do to cancel the wedding."

Seri looked away. "Is that all? You can go now, I have so many things to do."

"I'm not busy though, can't I stay? I want to have a chat with you."

"Chat with me?" She points at herself. "What do you want to talk about?"

He puts his hand below his chin. "I want to know you more since we'll be in-laws." Seri just looked at him, he cleared his throat. "How old are you?"

She laughed. "Am I answering a slam book?" She asked.

He was stunned by her laugh, this is the first time that he saw her laughing genuinely. "J-just answer it, will you?"

"I'm 30 years old and you're 31." She subconsciously said the end of the sentence and was caught off guard. "right?" She added nervously.

He narrowed his eyes. "How did you know?" He asked suspiciously.

"I... ahm... O-of course I need to know the background of my sister's boyfriend." She said.

He crossed his arms. "Then you should call me oppa."

"O-oppa? huh! Not a chance!"

"Tss. Let's grab some drinks later, are you free?"

Her eyes widened. "Are you asking for a d-" She didn't finish her sentence.

"Stop being delusional." He cutted her off. "I just want us to become closer and cool with each other."

She smiled bitterly. "Delusional, right, I am delusional." She whispered to herself. She smiled at him. "Sure, let's grab a drink."