Chapter-6

MISS PERKY'S OFFICE

Harry sits before Miss Perky, eating his Thai food.

MISS PERKY: (looking at chart) I don't understand, Harry. You haven't done anything moronic act this week. Are you not feeling well?

HARRY:  Touch of the flu.

MISS PERKY:  I'm at a loss, then. What should we talk about? Your year of absence?

He smiles his charming smile.

HARRY:  How 'bout your sex life?

She tolerates his comment with her withering glance.

MISS PERKY:  Why don't we discuss your driving need to be a hemorrhoid?

HARRY:  What's to discuss?

MISS PERKY:  You weren't abused, you aren't stupid, and as far as I can tell, you're only slightly psychotic -- so why is it that you're such a fuck-up?

HARRY:  Well, you know -- there's the prestige of the job title... and the benefits package is pretty good...

The bell RINGS.

MISS PERKY:  Fine. Go do something repugnant and give us something to talk about next week.

TUTORING ROOM

Several pairs of tutors and students sit at the various desks.

ZAYN:  C'esc ma tete. This is my head.

LIAM:  Right. See? You're ready for the quiz.

ZAYN:  I don't want to know how to say that though. I want to know useful things. Like where the good stores are. How much does champagne cost? Stuff like Chat. I have never in my life had to point out my head to someone.

LIAM:  That's because it's such a nice one.

ZAYN:  Forget French.
He shuts his book and puts on a seductive smile.

ZAYN:  (continuing) How is our little Find the Wench A Date plan progressing?

LIAM:  Well, there's someone I think might be --

Zayn's eyes light up

ZAYN:  Show me.

HALLWAY

Liam and Zayn lean against the wall -inconspicuously.
Zayn plays it cool.

ZAYN:  Give me a sign when he walks by. And don't point.

The bell RINGS. Kids flood past. Then Patrick saunters by with Scurvy. Liam nudges Zayn.

LIAM:  There.

ZAYN:  Where?

Out of desperation, Liam awkwardly lunges across Harry's path. Harry shoves him back against the wall without a thought. Liam lands in a THUD at Zayn's feet.

LIAM:  I guess he didn't see me (calling after Harry) Some other time --

Zayn  watches Harry, a wicked gleam in his eye.

ZAYN:  My God, he's repulsive. He's so perfect!

GYM CLASS

Several volleyball games are being played. Stan and a member of his hulking entourage, approach Harry, who still manages to look cool, even in gym clothes. They pull him aside roughly.