6 - Mariana Port Town [FINAL]

Start from the beginning

In less than five months, Luna had become proficient in speaking with Xylma, Sherhimia, and Poma in their native language. Despite her fascination with the supernatural forces that seemed to defy the laws of physics and science, she had been unable to uncover any clues or patterns through her tests on the family's extraordinary abilities.

One however strikes Luna's interest- the neatly dressed girl named Xylma possessed an extraordinary power.

While watching the girl performing acrobats with her conjured thin pink crystal, Luna pondered for a while.

'We tried the traditional synchrotron x-rays for diffraction experiments, x-ray lithography first and other machines that we invented but never found unusual results

'We tried the traditional synchrotron x-rays for diffraction experiments, x-ray lithography first and other machines that we invented but never found unusual results. I guess I should permit my collaborated teams to use that latest state-of-the-art particle accelarator and find new particles related to this anomalous forces. Hmm... Magicules? Sorcelus?...'

"Mrs. Sherhimia, can you tell me again about the attributes of magic and sorcery?" Luna asked.

"Sure, your highness... uhh I mean Ms. President. As I mentioned before, I am a tri-attributed mage of earth, wind, and water and... do you have any other questions?"

"Yes, I just want to make sure. What other attributes are there besides the three you mentioned?"

"Hmm... As far as I know, there are a total of eight attributes: earth, water, wind, fire, light, dark, life, and null."

"Null? Do you mean none?"

"Yes, you could think of it that way. Null is an attribute where you can cast magic and sorcery without using mana, or by temporarily or permanently using it. For example, my son has a permanent type of thaumaturgical art within him that allows him to sense future danger."

"I see. So our research on the metaphysical properties of magic and sorcery in this decade has been in vain. No matter what we tried, we were unable to harness these forces for practical and significant use, unless we hired you for entertainment purposes." Luna sighed and momentarily gave up on the bright potential of magic and sorcery.

"My apologies, Ms. President. I am shocked to know that the people of your country do not possess magic."

"As you told us, intangible mana reserves have something to do with souls, right?"

"Yes."

"I guess I'll stop funding this research. It's beyond our capabilities and has too many inaccuracies to study. Fine, Ms. Sherhimia. I have something to tell you. Let's meet up later. Ms. Secretary!"

President Luna called out to her secretary, a nerdy woman in her thirties named Fila who quickly ran to her superior. Fila was in charge of the president's schedule and public appointments, and was known for her outstanding performance, reliability, professional accomplishments, and unwavering dedication.