chapter 40

Wei wuxian is 16
Xiuli and Xiumei is 18

Wei wuxian was looking at wen xu inspecting him from top to bottom.

Lan wangji of course even though they are not engaged even arent lovers was jealous and Qingheng-jun-jun and lan xichen could see that.

Lan xichen secretly smiled seeing wangji jealous of wen xu .

Qingheng-jun almost choked in his own saliva but just cleared his throat to keep himself from laughing his ass out . It is really gonna be a bad image to see a lan sect leader laughing like a maniac infront of the whole cultivational world.

Wei wuxian even after 38 years of living is still a bit oblivious of his surrounding.

Wen ruohan's gaze travelled to everyone even wei wuxian.

Wen ruohan said " let the competition begin" and fireworks shoot out in the sky and the entrance was opened.

The Chosen disciples from both minor and major sects went inside

Wei wuxian told his martial siblings "we should separate to have more prey" .

His martial siblings agreed at the common sense of that and they all separated

Wei wuxian was walking while all the other disciples except lan were walking.

He shot all the nearby targets in the center so fast even the ones that were gonna shot it was confused why it was gone so suddenly.

Mostly the fireworks are lan , jiang , jin and bai.

Jiang fengmian sipped his tea , he knew his nephew was there in the bai sect .

Then he felt a presence a bit far in front of him. It was 5 spirits. So wei wuxian got his arrows and did the same thing he did in the Phoenix hunt.

He aligned his 5 arrows in the bow to shoot it to the spirits and he then let go of the bow after pulling the string with the bows.

The spirits were hit in the center and they disappeared then 5 light blue green fireworks flew up and made the symbol of a dragon.

The ones seeing the fireworks were impressed , the bai sect leader just smiled knowing its his nephew

Wen chao's mouth pursed seeing only 10 wen clan symbols in the sky and all of them was made by his half brother Wen Xu because all the Wen disciples that joined were disqualified because they missed the target or hit not in the center . So he looked at his father , stood up and bowed " father , please let me join the competition" he said arrogantly , thinking he would of course win if he joined.

Wen ruohan looked at his second son with a bored gaze , clearly knowing he wouldnt bring glory but shame in this clan . But he was bored so he just wanted something to make him not bored like his second son being embarrassed by everyone . That of course would be something he would be happy off . His loser son is a shame in his sect , people gossiped about it and he ofcourse agreed with it.

So he waved his hand and said " go" and wen chao brightened and got the bow and arrow that a disciple gave and went inside with 5 disciples.

Nie mingjue scoffed knowing wen chao would come back maybe crying , his father just looked at him and mentally agreeing about what his son  thinks

Wei wuxian then again shot the targets but then when he was about to  shoot the one infront of him , an arrow shot it first then the firework shot in the sky and it showed the wen clan symbol.

He sighed and looked at the one who shot it , it was Wen chao who smiled arrogantly

Wei wuxian just looked at him and silently went while Wen chao kept praising his weak self.

Wei wuxian saw his tang-di shooting a spirit and the firework shot out in the sky with a purple colored lotus symbol.

Wei wuxian called out " Jiang cheng!" , Jiang cheng looked at him and asked " Wei wuxian?" .

Wei wuxian ran to him and sling his arm onto jiang cheng's shoulder and grinned " aiya! Jiang cheng what a coincidence ".

Jiang cheng rolled his eyes and scoffed "what coincidence , it wouldn't be a coincidence when we knew we would be here" he said and Wei wuxian silenced him

Wei wuxian " shhh!" He shushed him and said "dont spoil the fun!" He playfully hit the back of his tang-di's head.

Jiang Cheng " what do you mean spoil the fun" jiang cheng tried to hit wei wuxian's head back but Wei wuxian skillfully dodged it and laughed running away.

Jiang cheng sighed and continued shooting the targets.

Then after the competition , all the disciples that were not disqualified went to their respective sects.

A wen robed guy stood up the stage and opened the scroll and announced.

"The archery competition of Qishan ,has finished . The fifth place belongs to Jiang wanyin of Yunmeng jiang"

Jiang cheng went to the stage and bowed and many applaud him including his father who smiled at him.

"The fourth place goes to Wen xu of Qishan Wen"

Wen xu went up to the stage and bowed , again there were many applause heard.

"The Third place goes to Lan wangji of Gusu lan"

Lan wangji went up with a stoic expression and bowed , there were applause again .

"The Second place goes to Lan xichen of Gusu lan"

Lan xichen went up the stage with a gentle and sunny smile and bowed , there were more applause with whistles.

"And the First place goes to...."

Wen chao puffed his chest thinking he would be first place.

"Wei wuxian of Chang'an bai"

The stage was silent in shock.

Wei wuxian climbed up the stage and just bowed with a smile and then there were many applause

Lan xichen and lan wangji looked at wei wuxian in shock

Wen xu went to wei wuxian and said " congratulations Wei-gongzi" with a smile on his face.

Wei wuxian smiled back " thank you Wen-gongzi" and Wen xu went.

Wen chao thought ' if it weren't for gusulan i would have at least be on 2nd place!' he gritted his teeth and glared at the gusulan sect.

Wei wuxian went to his sect and they congratulated him.

Next chapter : Cloud recesses burning .

Spoiler alert : Wen chao will be the one burning cloud recessess without his father's instructions . Coz it would be his revenge to gusu lan 😉✨