"An older woman that took Frank, Coach, and I to an aquarium."

"Oh."

Hazel crinkled her nose, looking at Frank. "That is disgusting."

"Pass me the jar, man."

Jinx opened and closed her hand, "me too."

Leo turned and gave her a weird look. She shrugged.
"It might taste good."

"Or it might taste disgusting."

"You never know, Flame Boy."

Leo was ready to quip back, but Percy asked, "they didn't want to meet me?"

"Undersea politics... The merpeople are territorial." Hazel informed. "But they're going to take care of that Aquariam in Atlanta. And they'll help protect the Argo II as we cross the Atlantic."

"But they didn't want to meet me."

Jinx almost spit out her brownies and peaches, trying to contain her laughter. "Hey, man. I get that. My father never wanted to meet me."

"Come on, Seaweed Brain! We've got other things to worry about." Annabeth scolded.

"She's right. Nico has less than two days."

Leo didn't really understand the connection Jinx had with Nico. It was complicated  even for her. But he did understand why Hazel was uneasy. It was her brother after all, even if he did sort of suspect Nico was apart of something bigger.

And if the fish centaurs were right, then he was. He is essential to the quest.

"Nico must have information about the Doors of Death."

Jinx felt everyone's gaze shift to her as she shoved an unnaturally large piece of brownie into her mouth.

"What?"

"You still don't remember anything about locating them?" Hazel asked.

Jinx wiped her hands, "honestly? No. But my guess is that we managed to find it, but it was a trap. We must've tried our best, but Nico took the fall and most likely told me to run for it."

"That's all?" She asked.

Jinx nodded, rubbing her thumb across her bottom lip. She felt bad. There's nothing she could do.

Piper looked in between Hazel and Jinx. "We'll save him. We can make it in time. Right, Leo?"

"What?" He said as everyone put their attention on him. Leo turned his head away from the controls, "yeah. We should reach the Mediterranean tomorrow morning.."

Jinx shuddered. She did not like the idea of going into the ancient sea. It disturbed her in many different ways.

She lost focus when Leo started talking about smart things that she had no interest in whatsoever. Jinx had better things to learn.

If Percy, from what she's been told, could immediately tell where he's at from being at sea and be regenerated from it, Jinx should be able to have more abilities.

This thought process was triggered when Coach had asked her if she regenerates by touching a clock. Jinx almost threw her shoe at him.

But he did have a point.

Percy could also know exactly what to do on a ship. And Jason could fly.

So why can't I jump forward in time?

That's what's been nagging her. Like Leo, when she feels too much of one emotion her ability will react and jump her back in time. Normally it's only a few minutes, but once Nico had shadow traveled to her for the first time, and it sent her back two hours.

(She spent those two hours glaring at the spot he'd arrive at.)

"Jinx?" Hazel shook her out of her thoughts, "here." She passed her a coin.

Jinx brought it up to her eyes, squinting before she took out her glasses. "What's this? An Athenian coin?"

She handed it back to Hazel, who gave it to Leo. He snorted when he turned to the group, staring at Jinx's overly large frames. "What? Couldn't find a smaller frame?"

"Do you want to die?" She threatened, pointing a brownie at him.

He couldn't help but laugh.

"I'm not kidding."

"Neither am I. I'm dead serious."

Jinx rolled her eyes, sliding her glasses back up, "dead is what you're going to be if you ever mention my glasses again."

Percy looked at her, "I think your frames are pretty cool."

"Thank you."

Leo snickered and continued to mess around with his wii controls, something Jinx planned to eventually ask about.

Annabeth cleared her throat, "anyway, the Mark of Athena is an owl, just like that one." She pointed to it in Leo's hands. "It appears in fiery red. I've seen it in my dreams. Then twice at Fort Sumter."

"I should've been there for you." Percy held her hand when she finished telling everyone about Gaea's voice, spiders (Jinx had no idea that Athena's kids were scared of spiders), and the Mark of Athena burning the spiders away.

Jinx pursed her lips, wondering if the goddess Annabeth described was the same one that whispered to her in her dreams.

But the goddess had mentioned 'our father' on many occasions.

Was she directly related to Gaea?

Oh, gods. I'm going to be sick.
She held a hand to her chest, forcing herself to swallow the last bits of the brownie she'd picked up when threatening Leo.

Jinx was not a fan of reading, nor much of a fan of Greek Mythology, leaning more towards Norse. But maybe it was time that she did some research on who she was exactly, because as far as Jinx knew, she was the daughter of some op guy that is darkness itself.

She didn't even want to think of how Jinx's father was able to get with her mother.

Gods that's disgusting. Jinx felt like a bug crawled down her spine and had the urge to stand up and pat herself down.

Being a demigod sucked ass.