•Echo's of The Pit 2/2•

Start from the beginning

"But I'll be expected too, won't I?"

Sejin looked down and sighed, an answer that spoke more than words.

"You better get dressed, kiddo. Today's the day you make the decisions."

The cold water from your shower brought you back to your senses for a few seconds, but the repressed memories of that day had been hidden for too long and demanded attention.

More unknown corridors and more nervous Sejin.

His hand was on your shoulder this time, leading you to what you presumed to be the room the third boy was in yesterday when you volunteered to save him the pain of picking. Sejin gave your shoulder a tight squeeze, his intentions were to comfort you but you could only reply with a wince as he had unknowingly squeezed a fresh bruise from the night before.

"Oh, I'm sorry kiddo! Is the pain and the wounds still bad? I could get someone to give you another check up if you'd like? You had a very ... eventful night. If I had it my way I-"

"No it's okay Oppa, really. You said I'm the strongest one here right? I don't want to look weak. There's no room for weakness in this place."

Your mind wandered as flashbacks from the night before flicked through your memory and made you shudder.

"Remember Y/N, today's going to be a new kind of challenge, arguably a harder one as it is one that carries consequences. But, it is unavoidable I'm afraid. Hak Chul-Moo insists upon it. It'll be over before you know it."

You bit the inside of your cheek and nodded. Now knowing what happens to kids in the pit you don't know how you're going to choose someone to endure the same fate. the pair of you stopped at a door identical to yesterdays and said your goodbyes. They wouldn't let Sejin in there with you. You were too close.

The room you entered was small and ovular, the majority of the surfaces a cold steel with a sizeable window at the far end. Hak Chul-Moo was seated in the corner waiting for you, a fake smile plastered across his ugly face.

"Ah Y/N, how are you? Did you have a fun night?"

Hak Chul-Moo let out a low laugh and patted you on the back.

"Ah I'm just kidding, just kidding. You did surprisingly well, all things considered. Aish, that must have hurt!"

He touched your cheek which was now adorned with stitches, applying far too much pressure, but you refused to give a reaction. You didn't want him to see how much he had hurt you.

"Hmm," Chul-Moo hummed in disatisfaction. "Let's get on with it then. Pick the boy you want to save and pick the boy you want to suffer."

His choice of words were very unsatisfactory. You weren't saving anyone, they'd have to live with the guilt of walking out of here unharmed and whoever you sent down would suffer for a lot longer than their time in The Pit. You learned that the hard way.

He shoved you so you were pressed against the glass, forced to stare down at the unlucky pair who were in Devil's playground today.

Your eyes landed on the boy on the left platform first. He seemed tall for his age, and broader than most of the boys you had seen on passing. His physique made him appear strong, like he could carry the weight of the world on those shoulders, but you knew better. You knew that no one would be okay after this. It breaks everyone and no one can escape.

His facial expression was one of determination and his dark eyes met yours with unusual calm and confidence, like he was trying to tell you it was okay. He turned his head to his right to face his partner and your gaze followed his.