Chapter 113: Perfect and prefects

"So, Fudge kicked you out, did he?" Mr

"So, Fudge kicked you out, did he?" Mr. Weasley asked me with a small smile on his face as I nodded. "Can't say that I'm surprised. He doesn't like it when he's not the center of attention or if people aren't paying him attention."

"Or making him look like an idiot," I added, making Mr. Weasley laugh.

"You are defiantly right about that, Elsa. But I saw Dumbledore go in so I have faith that Harry will be fine," Mr. Weasley said positively but looked down at me with a worried look when I became quiet. "Harry's going to be fine, Elsa. Or is there something else that's worrying you?"

I wasn't surprised that Mr. Weasley could tell that there was something that was upsetting me. He was such a kind and understanding man and I doubted that much actually got past his watchful eyes. He was right, there was something worrying me other than Harry's trial. Even though I had pushed it to the back of my mind while I was in with Harry for his hearing. But now that I was outside the room, I couldn't help but let it seep back into my mind.

"Do you see Mr. Diggory a lot when you come to work?" I asked him.

"Almost every day. Why do you ask?"

"Has he ever brought up Cedric? I mean, at all?" I asked, praying that I wasn't going to get the answer that I dreaded.

"No, he hasn't. I just assumed that it was because he was at home getting some rest, that is until he turned up the, um, place. But judging by the look on your face, that's not the case, is it?"

"Cedric's been with me since two weeks after summer break started. His Dad all but kicked him out for believe, well, everything. He won't believe what Cedric tells him and hasn't tried to find out where he had been all this time," I told him.

"Oh, Elsa. I am so sorry. I had no idea. Amos has been acting like there is nothing wrong, so I just assumed that there was nothing to worry about."

"You know, part of me feels like it's all my fault. I mean, the night after everything happened and I woke up, I knew what I had to do to save Cedric but Mr. Diggory wouldn't let me near him so I ended up yelling at him. He called me a... a delusional teen age girl who had no idea what I was talking about. It was Mrs. Diggory that stopped him from yelling at me and let me help Cedric. I said some awful things to him that night and Cedric took myside when all was said and done. If I never had said those things maybe they would be talking today," I said as my voice started to break as I tried to stop myself from crying.

"Elsa, dear. None of this is your fault. If it wasn't for you, Cedric wouldn't be here today. And as for Amos, he's always had a tendency for...dramatics. He will come around eventually, you'll see," Mr. Weasley said as he wrapped an arm around my shoulder to calm me down.

"I hope you're right, Mr. Weasley," I said as I wiped away a single, frozen tear that has fallen on to my cheek.

 Weasley," I said as I wiped away a single, frozen tear that has fallen on to my cheek