chapter 31

Manik went numb for a few minutes. He just could not believe what he saw with his own eyes.Was destiny playing a nasty game with him? One side there was his father who gave him the love of both parents and on the other side, there was his love, someone who brought him out of his darkness...who taught him to be happy with little things. Was it that in order to get his father,  he had to sacrifice his star?

Cabir was shocked, he just witnessed his sister being brtally beaten by someone...maybe killed by that person. He looked at Manik who seemed lost in his own world. He knew he would not not be in his senses so, he initiated contact with the Mumbai police and called the bodyguards to tighten security at the farmhouse and to bring Nandini to the nearest hospital. He just hope that Nandini is alive, else Manik will set the whole world on fire being an uncontrollable beast.

Cabir- Manik get a grip on your emotions and let's rush to Mumbai

Manik- Cabir...you saw my Nandinii...NO NO this cannot be true....this is a prank right? tell me !! I am sure you both brother-sister duo is pranking me for your Youtube channel right?

Cabir- Manik enough let's go

Manik- No no tell her to stop this drama and call me right now

Cabir- what is happening to you...please control yourself

Manik- you wanted to make me a fool right...see I got fooled now tell your sister to call me or else she would be in deep trouble...she knows naa...it's not easy to pacify the angry monster Manik..

Cabir said nothing...tears filled his eyes on seeing Manik's condition.

Manik- stop pranking me..you won't tell her right wait I will call her... I caught you both!!!

He removed his phone from his blazer and started calling her...her phone was unreachable.

Manik- come on Nandini..why you switched it off...I caught you both...pick up Nandiniii

Cabir saw his condition worsening...Manik was losing himself. He did not know what to do he just slapped him right across his face and snatched the phone from his hands. Manik looked at Cabir and then, he realised that his eyes were not wrong...it happened for real...his Nandini will not come back to him. In fact, he was far way from her to shield her....

Manik- Nandiniiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii Don't go away naa, I won't be able to live without you

Cabir- Let's go Manik, your dad is safe and he will be under strict observation of the bodyguards here...your Nandini needs you...she is waiting for you

Both went to the car and Manik was driving at full speed, he had to go and hold his Nandini, kiss her, admire her cute pouts, listen to her nonsense blabbering and enjoy her childish behaviour. Manbir were silent,  their minds wandered around the memories of Nandini...They were special for both of them and she managed to bring happinessin their lives.

(ab doorii itni hai song):

They remembered the day they decided to make her the new target of Fab5.

Ab doori itni hai ankhen meri nam,

tujh bin rona aaye par aasu hai kum,

Aye khuda mohlat de de ke kehde hum,

hmmm...hmmm...hmmmm...

They remembered how they forced her to do tasks in exchange of her Appa's pen, how she cried when each member of Fab5 were humiliating her and the goon attack...after which they blamed her to be the reason behind Manik and Dhruv drifting apart.