Chapter 8

At night, Cabir came home and saw Navya facepalming herself and crying.

Cabir- Hey are you okay? Where is Nandini? Has she eaten anything?

Navya- Cabir I cannot see her like this. She was so happy so bubbly and all of a sudden she is like a soul trapped in a body. I had no choice but to put sleeping pill in her juice to make her fall asleep and I switched off her  phone.

Cabir- relax Navya....in fact, you did the right thing. Ab itna kuch hua uske saat to voh sooegi nahii. I understand you had no choice. Madhubalajii...did you eat?

Navya- Yeah I did eat with her. saying this she went to the kitchen to preheat the food and Cabir  settled himself on the sofa.

Cabir- You know Dhruv has arranged a party for Fab5 tonight for the new album contract.

Navya- Oh I was going to take out dinner for you but I guess you will be eating there...

Cabir- Pagal ho kya? I can't leave my sister to enjoy with Dhrulya. I will talk to them tomorrow. They disgust me Navya. Anyway bring my food, I'm starving and  ehsaan Faramosh I did your show which means I did overtime... you did not even thank me!!!!

Navya- Khana deh raha hoon isi mein khush raho tumm!!!

ON THE OTHER SIDE:

Manik was at Dhruv's  place but was with Mukti. He had no choice but to bear the tantrums of Dhrulya. He was missing his star and was worried since he was unaware of her whereabouts. He was constantly checking the last seen of Nandini on whatsapp which showed that she was  online in the morning, that is before coming to college. Mukti was angry on Alya and Dhruv but she was talking to them because she wanted to know about their intention for separating MaNan.

Mukti- Manik come let's have a drink...

He bobbed his head  and drowned himself. He could imagine Nandini. She was smiling and twirling around with lots of fireflies around. He could remember how she was consoling him everytime he was in difficulty...how Nandini forced him to drink 'kaara'...how she will always pop up in front of him whenever he needed her...

how she will always pop up in front of him whenever he needed her

Manik closed his eyes and gulped down the alcohol.

Manik(to himself)- Nandinii I was bound to choose them. I could not risk your life. please do not hate me...I cannot show anyone anything Nandini...

Tears rolled down his face...

Abhi abhi bhule bhi na the tumhe...

khayal baanke phiir  tum aa gaye...

Ehsaas jo the dil mein kahi ankahe....

lafzon mein phir wo  aaa gayeeee...

saason ki sarzameen par barsaat laa gaye..

ek jhapki mein tere sau khwaab aaa gaye..

Bepannahhhh bepannahh pyaar hai tumse...

He was in deep thinking when Rishabh messaged him that Nandini was at Cavya's place. He sighed in relief and passed out.