Ianto

It was two am when Jack awoke from the nightmare, he couldn't remember which one but he woke up shaking and sweating.

Jack looked over at his sleeping partner, memorising Ianto's face but most importantly, his eyes and the sound of those lovely welsh vowels he loved so much.

He reached out and stroked the Welshman’s face, hoping not to wake him up because he adored the peaceful look of a sleeping Ianto.

He leaned down and kissed his forehead out of habit, wanting to treasure the time they had together and never let it go.

Ianto murmured and smiled in his sleep, snuggling closer to Jack and further under the blankets.

“I love you, Ianto. Always. Gwen was right, I never could have shot you. You could have put a gun to my head and I still would have let you pull the trigger.”

“Jack.” Ianto murmured, sleepy blue eyes fluttering open and looking up at the Captain.

“Hey, baby. I didn't mean to wake you.”

“It's okay. What time is it?” Ianto asked, rubbing his eyes and sitting up.

“Two am.”

“Oh. Nightmares again?” Ianto asked softly, looking Jack over carefully.

“Yeah. But its fine. Don't worry about it.”

“Coffee?”

“No, I just wanna stay here with you.” Jack replied gently, lying back down and pulling Ianto close.

“Okay.”

Ianto snuggled back into Jack's chest, rubbing soothing circles into his side and began talking nonsense.

Jack smiled and looked down at his partner, wondering why Ianto had even thought to give him a chance let alone maybe even fall in love with him.

“I love Wales, but I'd like to travel. Maybe America. Somewhere new, would be nice.” Ianto continued to ramble, the tone soothing to Jack's wrecked mind.

“Yeah, one day we will. Just you and me across the country or into another country.” Jack replied, stroking Ianto's hair.

“That would be nice.”

“But for now, I think we should get some more sleep.”

“Yeah, you're right.”

“Goodnight, love.”

“Goodnight, cariad.”

Ianto fell back to sleep almost instantly and Jack lay awake for another few hours just watching him.

Eventually, he fell asleep too, plans of travelling to new places with the man he loved spinning around in his head.