LETTER NEVER SENT

An excerpt from the 8TH DEADLY SIN'S BOOK: BEHIND EVERY LIE

To my love,

Amidst the stormy rain and thunderous clouds, I yearn for your touch for the absence of your presence suppresses every ease I have. How are you, love? I will not wish for your wellness for I crave that you wish for me. It is indeed heedless that the vast skies would conquer both the sun and moon, both day and night, but we all could be like the sky... even just for a while, while I try to find every comfort in this rainy afternoon without a trace of your touch.

It is tragic that we have parted ways and you have found consolation from people I wished that was me. But every parting distance just troubles every beating of my aching heart to thrum countless times more so that we would find each other once more, even with the possibility that your heart beats another rhythm of love.

You have seen every scar and every broken window defacing my unlovable soul. But you loved it with every blemish that it has inflicted you.

To love you is to see every rain as a shimmering rainbow and pain as anything but condemnation. When the world seemed like it was conquered by darkness, a flicker of your fragment disables all that I see is unlit. Every pain they say is laced with joy but foolishness could only enthrall me—for you are nothing but a sweet delight, a carnation among a bed of roses. And I, engrossed by your love, will remain to stay foolishly devoted, for what they say is dark in you is the only light I see in me.

Will you still ache for our love, in the same way, Aurelia? Or did all of my scarring wickedness quell all the goodness my heart could ever fathom? A man like me can only dream that your love hasn't withered each second our heart traveled another meter apart.

It was pure joy that I had the chance to love you how I should've loved me—how I should've loved her. The times have passed and the winds have changed but all my feelings have remained the same. It felt like it was just like yesterday I declared things I thought I would never say.

I'd burn for you.

And you did, too.

But your flames died each time mine ignited.

But still, like a fool, I'd ache for your warmth amongst these never-ending rainy afternoons. But now I beg to disagree that I can't live without you. For on some sunny days, I find it refreshing even without you. But on another day—another rainy afternoon day, I still feel too cold in your presence. I still crave your palpable warmth and rapturous eyes. But this is all just a conundrum dream I could not ask for more.

I'm sorry to ask for more.

But worry no more, for in every passing thunderstorm, I will only reminisce your touch... and every memory I will keep, tucked into the chasmic part of my fading recollection.

For a man like me... an evil man like me will always beg to dream—beg to grow and wither with an angel like you.

You are my heaven, my solitude, and my anchor, Aurelia. No matter how everything in this world might seem platonic and fading, I would still love you like hell. I wish that I could tell you I'll love you like hell.

But I couldn't.

For the love I could give is only behind every lie... that it is all just a taste of hell.

But I'd still burn for you, Aurelia... no matter how you call on the rains every time I ignite my flames for you.

Best of my soul,
Anthony