XV | Look After Each Other

THE ILLUSIONIST WOMAN

fifteen. Look After Each Other

 Look After Each Other

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

LOGAN WAS THROWN HARSHLY against the interior, rusted green walls of the Lady Liberty. His body made a -- Clang! When it hit. Metal shrapnel wrapping around his wrists and torso to keep him restrained. Before Ximena could try to do anything about it, she too was slung across the room and secured tightly to the walls.

Her breath escaped her forcefully upon impact. The rest of her team in a similar predicament as herself. She instantly knew who they had stumbled upon, or in retrospect, who had been expecting them to arrive.

Out from the shadows, Magneto appeared in a graceful decent from the ceiling with a prideful smirk. The air about him was full of ambitious theatrics. He walked with a certain gibe that impressed power and wisdom beyond his years. Trauma, which boiled down into revengeful fury simmered behind his dark eyes. His hair had long greyed, but his tenacity was as youthful as ever.

"Ah, my brothers... Welcome." He observed his captives, witnessing the useless struggle they insisted to continue. Then he turned and eyed Logan with pure disdain, lips curling into a deep scowl. "And you, just point those claws of your in a safer direction."

Erik lightly curled his hand, exhibiting zero strain as the metal bars he used to keep Logan suspended forced his hands inward. If he extended his claws, they would go straight into his own artery.

"You better close your eyes," He suggested with a snide attitude.

Sabretooth jumped down from the rafters and purposely stalked towards Scott to swipe his glasses off. Ximena, who was suspended beside Jean stared at him with gritted teeth. The last thing they needed was for him to accidently open his eyes or they were going to get lasered right through.

Ximena focused her glare on Erik's head. His helmet was on, meaning he knew exactly what her abilities entailed and it put her at a massive disadvantage. Sweat trickled down her temple, mixing with the blood Mystique's claws drew from her face. Her chest heaved in agitation.

"Mystique," Magneto called for multiple times on his ear com link, which made Ximena sigh knowingly.

"Something tells me she's incapacitated at the moment," She sucked her teeth, glaring down at Magneto. What surprised her was his lips turning up into a smile, like he was pleased. Although Ximena didn't know it, Erik admired her spiteful spirit.

"I've seen Senator Kelly," Jean drew his conniving attention away from her friend. Her face forced to face Scott as he clenched his eyes closed.