V | Adamantium Body

THE ILLUSIONIST WOMAN

five. Adamantium Body

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"NOW LAY BACK AND RELAX," Ximena pushed down on Logan's bare shoulders to lay him on the examination table. Her hands were warm against this body and both people tried to ignore the electricity zipping between the skin to skin contact.

"Wouldn't be the first time I've heard that, but none sounded that good saying it," Logan joked suggestively, to which she good-naturedly rolled her eyes.

That's what she had been doing anytime she was in his presence, after giving him a tour of the place, she brought him back down to the lab to finish documentation. Since, last time they were rudely interrupted by his outburst. Jean wasn't here this time, leaving the two alone in the room together.

Which somewhat made her nervous for reasons not necessarily connected to her own personal well-being.

"Keep on trying, Logan. Maybe it'll work the 100th time." She smirked to herself before starting towards the monitoring machine. Logan caught her wrist before she could leave, stalling her breath, capturing her attention.

"You forgave me, right?"

She furrowed her eyebrows, pursing her lips curiously. "For what, exactly?"

He gestured to his neck in a choking motion, pulling his lips tight. "For hurting you. It was a bad reflex."

Laying a hand on his chest, Ximena had to draw her thoughts from sinful things. The music playing through the speakers was a nice deterrent, but Logan had a certain magnetism about him. The pure muscles in his pecks giving her the evil eye. Meeting his knowing gaze, her cheeks warmed a beautiful tangerine shade. "You don't have to worry about me. We are similar in a way, I've been through far worse and still -- my body remains unaffected."

He made a dubious expression, eyeing her body from toe to head like he could see through her clothes with x-ray vision. "That didn't answer my question."

Pausing, she licked her bottom lip in thought. "Yes, idioso. I forgive you. Now lay back -- don't -- say anything," She warned with a scathing look as he laid back down obediently.

"You just couldn't wait to get my shirt off again, huh?"

Sighing because she was just about over his flirtatious ways, she pressed a few buttons and sent him abruptly into the MRI scan. He was surprised by its swiftness, stiffening as he was sealed inside. "Try not to move, Mr. Howlett and it'll be over before you know it."

Glancing over the screen, she followed the bones throughout his body. All readings had her incredibly intrigued. Causing her to print pictures and write down the new information in delicate, cursive pen.