XIV | Together We Avenge

THE ILLUSIONIST WOMAN

fourteen. Together We Avenge

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

CEREBRO HAD BEEN TAMPERED with, unbeknownst to them and because of this, Professor Xavier was unconscious and temporarily attached to the monitors in the lab. Hank volunteered to stay and keep a eye on him. Ximena didn't think it could've gotten worse, expect Jean had tried to take on the responsibility herself and in doing so, she suffered greatly from the power of Cerebro as well.

The only positive was that they found where Magento was stationed and they were finally going after the son of a bitch to end this once and for all.

Ximena stood with her arms crossed over her latex, midnight black jumpsuit. A zipper going straight up the middle till it buckled at the roundness of her breasts. It sat snug against her body, molding around her curves and although, it made her feel invincible, she still would've preferred something with a little more decorum. And that was saying something for her.

Her chocolate brown hair was secured in a high ponytail while the batons and daggers were strapped to her thighs, ready whenever. Ximena did have an ability that was necessarily physically defensive; however, she was trained well in combat. Her abilities simply helped her in tough situations her fist and knives could not.

She adjusted the com that sat in her ear, eyeing the team before watching the constantly reshaping black table Scott was circling them around for the mission. "Magneto's here. Liberty island. Now, presumably, his objective is to mutate the world leaders at the U.N. Summit on Ellis Island."

Storm shifted from one leg to the other beside her, scrutinizing the 3D image of Liberty Island. Her eyebrows furrowing intently. "He doesn't know his machine kills. And judging from what the professor saw, if Magneto gave Rogue enough power --"

"He could wipe out everyone in New York City," Ximena concluded, sighing in distress as she massaged her temple.

She met eye contact with Logan across the table. His eyes intent on her disgruntled expression. If she stay on it for a moment longer, she would've detected worry in his dark eyes, but she averted her gaze. Ximena was still mulling over her scolding on him earlier. They hadn't spoken since and she was feeling a little petty.

"All right. We can insert here at the George Washington Bridge," Cyclops pointed in the direction as it technologically morphed as the words slipped past his lips. "Come around the bank just off of Manhattan."

Jean nodded, "We can land on the far side of Liberty Island here." She pointed accordingly.

"What about Harbor Patrol? Radar?"

Scott smiled cunningly towards the Wolverine, crossing his arms over his chest. "Hank has us covered. If they have anything that can pick up our jet, they deserve to catch us." He turned towards the rest of the team, pride swelling in his chest at the determine expressions marring their faces. "Let's roll. We've got no time to waste."