VII | Down Memory Lane

THE ILLUSIONIST WOMAN

seven. Down Memory Lane

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

"WAIT, SHE'S GOING TO DO what now?" Logan furrowed his eyebrows as he stared at Professor Xavier with a scowl.

They were in his office again, the Professor's, and somehow discussing the inner workings of Logan's mind. Charles thought it would work to have Jean tap into his mind and unlock the inhibitors standing in the way of his memories.

The only problem with that was, his past was traumatic. They were triggering enough to have him choke out Ximena when he woke up in a unfamiliar place, that is. Whatever finagling Jean would be doing in his mind could cause a switch to flip, completely change his reactions to people and or his memories of the present.

Nevertheless, the Professor promised to help Logan find out more of his past, provided he stay a while at the school. At the time, it seemed like a win-win situation. But now, Logan was growing more apprehensive at every second the grandfather clock ticked.

"Infiltrate your brain and perform a sort of biopsy to erect your past memories to the forefront of your mind." Xavier spoke clearly, confidently. Hands folded in the center of his lap.

"And this is safe?" He protested, folding his arms over his chest as he glanced at Jean standing patiently and posed beside her mentor.

"I'll be there, monitoring the entire affair. We'll have reinforcements if something goes awry. Worrying will only stress the stakes of the situation further." The wise Professor waved his hand to dissuade his concerns.

A contemplative silence fell hush over the room. Logan shifting his gaze between the two mutants. He personally would've preferred if Ximena could've been present to help out. There was something calming about her presence, humorous even. And at least he knew she was very knowledgeable on her craft.

Ximena knew what she was fucking doing down to the gritty details.

Jean was being mentored by the Professor. Not yet as skilled or master over her telepathic abilities. Of course, he had regenerative properties but that didn't mean he was eager to have his mind penetrated and probed like a damn alien subject.

Sighing despite his apprehension, he inclined his head. "Where we doing this?"

The vibrant red head smiled. "We have a room. It's best to do it where you can be the most relaxed."

"Yeah well, relaxation isn't really my thing. You got a sedative?" Professor Xavier chuckled as he led them out of his office. Although, Logan was no where near kidding.