XIII | War On The Horizon

THE ILLUSIONIST WOMAN

thirteen. War On The Horizon

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

LOGAN WAS ANGRY. BEYOND upset that he had broken the promise he made to Marie on the train that night. Believe her, Ximena was also mad for him but she there was nothing that could've been done. What was could not be changed, but what they did after that could transform the fabric of all events. The present, that's what mattered.

They couldn't delay and waste time by thinking of what could've been. At least, that's what she often coach herself to get through another day. And it was exactly what she was telling Logan now as he washed his face in a basin to get the sweat sticking on his brow off.

"You were right. You were right, I had a damn feeling about it and yet here we are." He grumbled to her, roughly drying his face with a towel he snatched from the hook on the wall.

"Dwelling on it would only fuel your rage."

Professor Xavier rolled into his room, his lips set in a disappointed scowl. "His helmet was designed to block my telepathy. I couldn't get through to him, couldn't stop his vengeful plans."

Throwing the towel to the side aggressively, Logan reached for his leather jacket and stormed out. Ximena furrowed her brow, speeding after him. "Where are you going?" She demanded.

"I'm gonna find her," He snapped back, causing her own anger to flare. Her expression indignant at his unnecessary attitude.

"And do what? Fight Magneto and his team by yourself, that's stupid Logan and you know it." She followed him down the main staircase with Ororo meeting them at the bottom. His steps were heavy and obnoxiously loud, pounding down the wood like he owned the place. "You can't be serious."

"Who's gonna help me? You? So far you've all done a bang-up job." He spitefully spewed and frankly, it pissed her off.

Ororo held her back by the wrist, giving her a knowingly look though she ignored it. "Now wait a god damn minute. We've been busting our culo for Marie while you've been pouting around here like the world is out to get you. Aye -- I'm talking to you!"

"I don't need this shit right now. I don't need you, your attitude or your band of misfit freaks." He spun around abruptly, facing her with a glare fiery enough to burn her through. However, Ximena matched his temperament, rolling her eyes in annoyance.

"Why can't you just get over yourself already--"

"Ximena," Professor warned, causing her to wave him off. She moved closer to Logan, narrowing her eyes into a fierce glare. His chest raised and fell with his heated breaths, only spurring her on at the challenge.