I Have A Mission For You

Start from the beginning

He booked the first flight to Russia he could because this is a conversation that he needed to have with the directors immediately.

He arrives at the base in Siberia and is taken directly to the directors.

They are sitting on the same side of a long table and he stands in front of them. He bows slightly in respect.

"Hail Hydra," Alexei says.

"Hail Hydra," they respond.

"You are a far way from New York. I take it whatever you have to say is important?" One director asks.

"My spy from Stark Industries contacted me about a top secret project that is being worked on between Stark and Elizabeth Rogers," Alexei says.

They all begin murmuring in surprise. They all knew about the Captain's sister but they had deemed her a non-threat. She wouldn't be a particular strong asset either because she developed healing technology.

"I have reason to believe that Stark and Rogers are developing some kind of biological weapon. With her relation to Captain America, it would lead me to conclude that they may even be working on recreating Erskine's formula," he says.

The room gets unbearably loud with everyone yelling over one another. Finally they all settle down and are able to continue with the discussion.

"So what do we do?" One man asks.

"Stark is too protected so we can't take him. We can't take the girl without risking Stark investigating so we better make sure she knows something before taking her," another says.

"How do we find out what she knows?" one asks.

"We send in someone to investigate and if she knows anything, we extract her," Alexei suggests.

They need someone who can be discrete and leaves no trace. If Elizabeth Rogers needs to be taken, there must be no evidence that she was abducted.

"This matter is very sensitive and must be handled with care. If we do this correctly, she could be invaluable to hydra and it's cause. We need him," a man says.

Alexei knows immediately who they are talking about. There have been whispers of a new weapon that Hydra has acquired but it has always been a secret with only the head members of hydra with full knowledge of the subject.

"Yes, he will get the job done," another man concurs.

"If we are all in agreement," one says.

He is met with many nods of approval.

"Let's wake The Winter Soldier," he says.

They usually use The Winter Soldier for assassinations but he has a wide range of talents including espionage and abductions.

They thank Alexei and send him on his way. They can tell he is curious but The Winter Soldier is top secret for a reason. Alexei has a job to do and it's been done.

The directors call in a couple officers and instruct them on the mission for The Winter Soldier.

They go into the lab where The Winter Soldier is contained and start the process for taking him out of cryostasis.

The machine hisses as it defrosts him. When the chamber opens, The Winter Soldier begins to collapse but the officers catch him and drag him to the chair. They set him in the chair and place binds to his arms to keep him still. Two metal plates lower to his head and the electrical current runs through. He screams out in pain but no one feels any guilt. He is a weapon, not a person.

As the machine releases him, he slumps forward in exhaustion.

As The Winter Soldier recovers, a man removes a red book with a black star on the front and begins reading from it.

"Longing. Rusted. Seventeen. Daybreak. Furnace. Nine. Benign. Homecoming. One. Freight Car," the man says.

The man looks down at The Winter Soldier in expectation. He can already tell that the words have worked. There is no hint of a man behind those eyes, only a machine.

"Soldat?" The man asks.

"Ready to comply," he says mindlessly.

"I have a mission for you. Reconnaissance and possible extraction. The target is Elizabeth Rogers," he says.

He pauses to see if there is any recognition at the name. They knew it was quite probable that The Winter Soldier once knew Elizabeth but they know that Zola did his job well. There was no way for the memories of Bucky Barnes to resurface because hydra made sure he is dead. He however does feel better that The Winter Soldier gives no reaction.

"She may be working on a biological weapon for Stark Industries. If you find that she is not, you leave her alone. However, if she does know something, you bring her here. You must make sure there is no witnesses. Elizabeth Rogers must disappear without a trace and with no evidence of any foul play," he demands.

The Winter Soldier has no idea who Elizabeth Rogers is and it really doesn't matter. All he knows, is she just became his mission.