Ch. 53 Friends and Foes

Start from the beginning

"Hey, don't think like that! Think happy thoughts! What's the first thing that comes to mind when you think about her?"

"Her stubbornness. She was kind as an angel, but when her mind was made up, she was stubborn as a mule. She was usually stubborn for the right reasons, and was always there to help me out."

"Wow." Kirstie chuckled. "You're telling us she was like that and you think she's forgotten about you?"

"Well..."

"From what I've heard, it sounds like she was your first friend."

"Kinda. I mean, I've had a couple friends of course, but she was really my first real friend. Someone I could talk to, I could laugh with. We told each other everything."

"Everyone remembers their first friend. Right, Avi?"

"Mhm." Avi agreed. "Jared Davis. Met in kindergarten. He was throwing stuff across the room while I was trying to use it to build a tower. We got in a fight and made a mess. Best friends for five years before my parents became super strict and we couldn't hang out anymore. You?"

"Abby Thomas. We wore the same outfit on the first day of school and pretended to be jealous of each other. Throughout the day, we kept sneaking glances at each other before we eventually laughed it off. Best friends for several years until I started focusing on school and she started focusing on her new boyfriend."

"But both of you stopped being friends with these people." Scott argued.

"Yeah, but we still remember them. Besides, we never wanted to stop being friends, something got in the way." She explained. "For me, it was spending all our time apart. For Avi, it was his parents becoming more strict. And for you..."

"It was her moving away..."

"Don't worry. I'm sure if you tracked her down, she'd be glad to see you, or at least make time for you two to catch up."

"Yeah, I guess..."

"Don't give up hope." Kirstie put a hand on Scott's shoulder and gave him a comforting smile. "What was her name?"

"Her name was Victoria. Victoria Kelly." He told them with a small smile. "But since I was her best friend, she let me call her, Tori."

~*~*~

For the remainder of the day, everyone spent their time doing their own things. After lunch, Kevin and Todrick made a lot of progress on the TV, Kirstie went to get some ice cream and happily invited Scott to join her, while Avi finally gave his family their daily call, and got an earful for calling so late. He only got them to calm down by sending a picture of his outfit which they seemed to love. By the time dinner rolled around, everyone grouped up again to enjoy a new recipe Kevin and Todrick were trying out.

The only person who wasn't there was Mitch, still locked up in his room. He remained like that for the rest of the night, until lunchtime the next morning. While Kevin and Todrick were trying to figure out what to have for lunch. Mitch tiredly walked past them and left the house. He was gone for an hour or so, returning with a dull expression on his face, and an almost empty Starbucks cup in his hand.

Avi and Kirstie, who had joined Kevin and Todrick for some lunch, watched him as he went into the living room and flopped on the couch. Deciding to be friendly, Avi went over to try and comfort him.

"Hey, you alright?" Avi asked when he reached the couch.

"Fuck off. Estou com dor de cabeça." Mitch mumbled into the pillow he was cuddling.

"I was just trying to see if you were alright."

"And I'm just telling you to fuck off." He said, lifting his head. "I told you, I have a headache."