Chapter Eight

"So who's that, Leorio?" Gon points to the girl who was seated at the computer next to him.

Killua had already stolen Gon's Hunter's License from his pocket and begun to print out the map of the city, knowing full well that Gon would now prioritize Leorio and the new mystery girl.

"Yeah, isn't she a little young for you?" Killua asks, grabbing the map that had swiftly materialized beside him after the simple click of the mouse.

"Killua, I promise I don't believe in child abuse, but you might make me change my mind," Leorio says, tightening his fist and closing his eyes. "Anyways, this is Damascus."

Damascus manages a little bow while remaining seated, choosing to also remain silent and observe the boys who Leorio had spent a lot of time searching for. Their life energy was strong for their age and instantly reminded her of the children she grew up around in her village. All of them from a young age were taught and trained under ancient nen masters who expected everyone to become familiar with their own life energy, whether to be a warrior or an exceptional member of their village.

However, these boys achieved this level without having to be trained from the age of 4. They accomplished all of their abilities rather recently, an even more extraordinary feat.

"So is she like your girlfriend?" Gon questions innocently with his youthful voice.

"No, you idiot, she's definitely out of his league!" Killua states, laying Gon's Hunter's License on top of the folded map.

"Hey! That's so mean, Killua. You brat! What if it was true that she was my girlfriend, huh?"

"No way, old man! That's never going to happen! Just look at her!" Killua argues, his cat fangs appearing as he scolds Leorio for not only lying to them, but himself as well.

"We actually just met in the streets while he was looking for you," Damascus says plainly.

Leorio falls to the floor, his legs twitching above his head in defeat. "Couldn't even pretend," he mumbles.

"Oh that makes sense," Killua says quietly, piecing the story together.

"Thank you for helping him out, he can be a bit of a handful," Gon replies.

"Look who's talking, Gon!" Killua says, rapidly turning his attention to Gon. He begins lecturing him about how he isn't that much different from Leorio and it was now Killua's job to watch over them both since Kurapika wasn't there at the moment. In response, Gon just sticks out his tongue as he rubs the back of his head.

 In response, Gon just sticks out his tongue as he rubs the back of his head

"Gon, take this seriously." With that Killua punches him over his head, and Gon joins Leorio on the ground.

Dang, double homicide. Killua thought, his cat smile widening on his face. Oh well they deserved it.

"Why is Killua so mean?" Gon whines.