Chapter Five

As the swordsman's hand reached down to grasp the fallen weapon, Leorio couldn't stop staring. His eyes are fixated on the long hair that covers the individual's face, fear running through him as even a non nen user could possibly feel the strength this swordsman had. Sweat beaded down his face and he considered turning around to escape into the crowd in case the person got upset. Leorio had yelled at them after all, not to mention, knocked the surely expensive sword from their hands.

Leorio gulped as he stayed where he was, deciding facing the danger head on might prove to be the better choice. However, as he closely examined the hand that had now retrieved the sword, he discovered it was a woman's hand, still calloused from the swords she wields, but also small and delicate at the same time.

She rises with the sword gripped tightly in her hands, finding Leorio's eyes scanning over her body, redness filling his cheeks and his mouth widening in shock at her figure. She was dressed in a two piece traditional styled robe, which revealed her sculpted abs that were more impressive than his or any man that he had seen, yet because of the way her body curved at her stomach, she was still wonderfully feminine. Her eyes were a striking bright green which set beautifully with her darkened skin and aqua colored hair that spilled down her shoulders and well to the bottom of her back.

Peeking from her back were two other well crafted swords which had been hidden by her thick hair. Their craftsmanship was of such quality that Leorio had never seen anywhere before, leading him to conclude that they were expensive and rare and she probably wasn't from around these areas.

Leorio's fear wavered as he examined her thighs, it was obvious she worked to increase her body's physical strength, building enough muscle to keep up with male swordsmen presumably.

Possibly the most beautiful woman Leorio had ever seen had crossed his path and all he could do was stand and admire her, unable to move his lips to form compliments.

However, the woman turns away from him, her attention back on the weapons dealer. She had seemed to either have forgotten or ignored what Leorio had said to her when he had bumped into her, causing her to drop the sword she was examining.

"I'm sorry, who did you say forged this sword?"

Leorio melted at her words, even if they weren't for him. Her voice was deep and quiet, barely audible over the sounds ringing around them. Yet it was as smooth and striking as a steel blade. Mustering up the courage, Leorio walked to stand right beside her.

"Hey, I'm sorry for bumping into you, I was in a rush." As he waited for a response he soon realized he hadn't even gained her attention at all.

The old man she was talking to had finally answered her, causing her to completely disregard Leorio's apology.

"I'm not quite that sure, young lady, but it does seem to be well crafted by the looks of it. I'll give it to you for $300,000."

Leorio scoffs at the price, not realizing that it was only about $100,000 more than a singular cell phone, meaning that it was a fair price for a blade such as this.

The woman's face never changes as she examines the sword and considers the price. "This looks to be an ancient design used by a tribe in the Numere Wetlands. They would craft a new sacred sword every decade as a prize to the tribesman who could prove themselves to be the strongest among a group of challengers. The victor would receive the sword and it was tradition that the blade be soaked in the blood of the fallen, believing their life energy would bind with the sword, in turn strengthening the wielder. There is a lot of life energy imbued with this sword, are you sure you wouldn't want to raise the price considering how rare and powerful these blades are?"