Introduction

"Killua, why do you think the boss asked us all to come all the way out here?"

"Don't know, he probably has something big in mind." Killua looks to the clear blue sky, his hands behind his head as he walks.

They had been summoned to Yorknew City by Chrollo, along with the rest of the Spiders. It excited Gon to see what was in store for them. Killua, however, was indifferent, but hoped that whatever it was didn't bore him. They had just recently joined the Phantom Troupe a little less than half a year ago, when they came into contact with the former 10th and 12th legs. A fight ensued, and although Gon and Killua weren't originally planning on joining, Gon suggested doing so just to see what happened. Gon had become pretty close with several of the members, while Killua was standoffish, carefully watching the other legs in case they ever tried to backstab him or Gon.

"Hey, Killua, look!"

Killua opened his eyes and looked ahead to where Gon was pointing. Just ahead of them were some of the other members that had just materialized from the sand blown about by the wind.

"Come on, Killua!" Gon cries, beginning to run towards the other members.

"Hey, Gon! Wait!" Idiot. Killua thought while running to catch up with his best friend.

"Hey, it's those kids." Feitan turns to look at Gon and Killua who were fast approaching. "10 and 12."

Nobunaga glances behind, a smile appearing on his face when he sees Gon, who was undeniably one of his favorites in the troupe.

"Nobunaga!" Gon exclaims, running to stand right beside him.

Feitan, Franklin, and Machi continue walking, leaving Nobunaga behind as he waits for Gon to catch up.

"I'm still not used to there being literal children in the Troupe," Franklin says, hearing Gon's laughter at his reunion with Nobunaga.

"We were young when we formed the Troupe," Feitan utters in his fragmented sentences.

"Yes, but they are still children. We had grown up fast because we lived in Meteor City, but I don't know about them." Franklin then looks to Machi. "Well, what do you think?"

"I don't care, so long as they do their job and stay out of our way."

"I agree, plus they did earn their spot here with us," Feitan says.

"I suppose you're right," Franklin agrees.

"Hey, there kiddo." Nobunaga pats Gon's head with a smile on his face. Killua finally catches up, stuffing his hands into his pockets with a pout on his face.

"Hey there, Nobunaga! It's good to see you again," Gon says smiling at the attention he is receiving.

"Hey, old man, so do you know why we're all being called together?" Killua asks, shifting the weight of his body to one of his legs.

"No, I don't, but maybe Feitan does." Nobunaga pauses for a second to look to where the others are ahead. "Wait a minute! Old man?!"

"Well I guess we should go ask, right?" Gon turns, addressing the question more to Killua rather than Nobunaga.

"Yeah," Killua agrees, beginning to walk to rejoin the others. Gon follows close behind him.

"Hey, wait for me, you two!" Nobunaga chases after the two boys, who had begun to close the distance with the others by jogging.

Gon and Killua quickly catch up with the rest of the group, but just as Nobunaga is within a couple feet of them, his foot catches on a rock and he falls. He would've taken Killua down with him if Killua hadn't jumped high enough to avoid any contact. Killua lands back on the ground right next to Gon with his arms crossed.

"Hey, careful, old man! You almost knocked me over."

Nobunaga gets up from the ground, dust caking his face and some even managing to get in his mouth. He spits the earth from his mouth over his shoulder, annoyed about the fall that was entirely his own fault.

Gon laughs loudly as he points. "You're all dirty, Nobunaga."

"I'm aware of that."

"Hurry up, you three, or we'll leave you behind," Feitan states, coldly.

"Hey, Mr. Feitan, do you know why we're all being called together?" Gon asks, clearly excited to find out what the big deal was.

The boss had occasionally called on some members to form smaller parties to carry out his plans, but this was the first time in their time as members that Chrollo had called them all together.

"We are thieves. We steal things," Feitan says, plainly.

They all nod, also eager to see what Chrollo was planning. The walking soon resumes, while silence surrounds three of the four senior members, Nobunaga, Killua, and Gon talk as they trail behind in the back of the group.

Beside that very same stretch of highway where the Phantom Troupe were walking, a convoy of about 5 cars speed towards Yorknew City. Among their ranks is a certain blonde nen user with a vengeance that only strengthens at the sight of a spider. 

(Author's Note)

The first couple chapters will be short due to me trying to find the best way to write everyone's perspectives. I hope you understand and stick around through this interesting story!