I Don't Love You Anymore

Start from the beginning

"What the fuck do you want?" Xavier's voice sounded a hundred times more dangerous than the man behind me.

"It's simple really. She needs to watch what we can do," the man said, and Xavier frowned, confusion mixed with his rage.

Almost 6 more men walked forward, three of them grabbed Xavier and held him in place.

In a few seconds, Xavier freed himself by knocking them away, but a scream ripped out of my throat as the knife dug into my arm, and travelled down, deep inside, making a wound, the blood trailing its away down to my palm and to the floor.

Xavier practically roared, trying to rush to me but his eyes landed on the man behind me, and he stopped. The men grabbed him again, but this time he didn't make any movements. 

Pain soared through my arm, but the pain of watching the punch land right into his stomach making a sickening thud was beyond anything I was feeling. 

His head hung low, and he slowly raised it halfway, his eyes looking into mine, as if telling me 'Don't worry, babygirl, I'm okay', and I watched as they delivered punches after punches to his body, fatigue making him sink to the ground slowly. 

But his eyes remained on me, holding the same expression. Between the chaos, somehow, I found my voice.

"B-baby, hit back, HIT BA-," I began to scream, but a hand closed around my throat, clasping me painfully. My fingers clawed at the hand, but it refused to let me go.

Xavier's head fell as he took the punches, groaning in pain.

The man let my throat go and I sputtered, trying to catch air in my burning lungs.

"W-why?" I weakly uttered, and the man behind me chuckled, gripping my arm tightly. 

"You know why, Valentina," he whispered in my ear and suddenly, everything stopped.

"Should I kill him, here, right now?" He asked, and I violently shook my head, my body shivering in fear.

"Then you leave him. And soon. We don't like waiting," he stated, and then released his grip on me. His men let Xavier go, who immediately collapsed to the ground, his breathing soft and shallow. 

His white shirt was soaked with blood spatters, face bruised. The men got into a van and sped away as I dragged myself to Xavier, holding his head on my lap.

"Xavier? Baby?" I whispered, but his eyes remained closed, his breathing ragged, and he lay limp in my hands. Helplessness gripped every inch of me, and I fumbled with my bag to get my phone.

"911, what's your emergency?"

"I-I need an ambulance, please, right now."

The hospital walls seemed to close in at an agonizingly slow pace, as I waited for someone to tell me that Xavier is okay. My dress was stained with his blood and so were my palms. I looked at them and they quivered, making me feel dizzy. 

He has to be okay, dear God please, I beg you, let him be okay. 

The doctor walked towards me, and I stood up suddenly, the dizzy feeling overwhelming me, but I ignored it.

"Mrs. Knight?"

"Y-yes," I replied, and he smiled at me.

"Please do not worry. There are no concussions, and nothing is broken. The bruises are all external and should be fine within a week," he said, and the walls stopped closing in.