Sea Monster

Request by IOnlyWantToRead1
First I couldn't think of a title but here you go
(Meliodas is a mermaid/sea monster and Ban is a fisher)
Enjoy~
***************************************
Meliodas' POV
"Meliodas!" "Okay okay! I'm coming!" I swam to my dad who was calling me. I sat down at the table in our kitchen as he put lunch on the table. "I heard one of the neighbors say you were swimming close to surface yesterday." He said sitting across from me with a stern face. I choked the seaweed I was eating. "R-really..? That's interesting..." I said looking down. "Stop fooling around. Do you know what humans could do to you? They could hurt you or even worse kill or torcher you. They're greedy and only think about themselves." I rolled my eyes and pushed my plate away. "Well I'll see you later dad." I said getting up. "Mel, just stay safe alright." He said as I was about to leave. "I will dad. Don't worry." I said with a small smile.

I swam out far away from my house so I could take some time away from my dad. "Why does he have to be so overprotective. I've never even seen a real human. I bet they're not even that bad. All those stories are for kids to scare them." I said to myself. I looked up at the surface of the water. I clenched my fists and swam closer. I got my head above the water and looked around. Nothing but ocean. I turned around and saw some land in the distance. My eyes sparkled. It was so beautiful. How could creatures that are supposed to be horrible create something so amazing.

I heard someone yelling and quickly went under the water. I didn't get very far when I got my tail stuck in something. I turned around and saw it was a net. I started panicking and trying to pull my tail out. I winced as pain shot through my body. No! Please! Get unstuck! I don't want to die like this! I yelled in my head. I felt the net being pulled. I tried to reach for something. Seaweed, coral, anything that could help me, but there was nothing. I felt the warm sun on my tail. Then my torso. Then I was fully above water.

I felt my body hit the hard wood of a boat. My tail ached as I tried to crawl away but I was too stuck in the netting. I ended up looking up to see who the last person I would set eyes upon would be. There were a pair of ruby red eyes staring back at me. The person had a handsome, pale face and, somewhat long, light blue hair that was tied back. I looked at them in amazement, my mouth open a little. It was the first human I ever saw. He had toned muscles as well. "You know you shouldn't stare at someone you haven't met. It's kinda considered rude." I noticed myself staring and blushed.

"N-no! I didn't- well I did it's just- n-never mind." I said getting flustered. I heard him snicker. "Well first, who are yo-" He looked down at my tail and froze. He jumped back with the most shocked and confused face.
"Y-you- I mean you're a...what..." He stuttered out. I looked down. "If you're going to kill and sell me then just do it. It was my fault anyway..." I said closing my eyes, waiting for the worst. I felt a tug on my tail. I looked down to see him using a knife to cut the netting. "What are you doing?" I asked confused why he isn't doing anything to me when I'm at such a weak state. "Helping you. What else would I be doing?" He said cutting the last of the net. "But why? You couldn sell me and get rich or keep my as a trophy or get famous from me or something." I said. He just looked at me. "Well we just met. I want to get to know who you are if I kill you."

I watched him toss the torn net aside and stand up. "I'm guessing you wanna get back in the water." He said. I only nodded. As soon as I did he picked me up and carefully set me down in the water. I went under and tried to swim but my tail hurt too badly. I went back up to see the human still looking at me. "You're hurt aren't you?" He asked with a worried face. "Y-yes. But it's not your fault. I went into your net in the first place." I said. I was about to say more but he picked me back up and held my bridal style. I covered my cheeks to hide my bright red blush. What is he doing to me? I thought feeling my heart speed up. "Well you can stay with me until it's better." He suggested, gently setting me back on the floor of the boat. I wanted to. He seemed nice. But he was also a human. My dad would get worried and come looking for me. Also he probably live in the human village. Which I have always wanted to see.... "Okay. If it's not too much trouble." I said mentally cursing myself for giving in. He smiled and sat down. The next second I felt the boat moving and we were heading for the town.