Chapter 28 ~ Seeping In

Start from the beginning

"I-I'm fine," She stuttered, "Sorry, I just- feel so useless,"

"Earth, you're not useless, " I assured caringly.

Suddenly a loud bell went blaring off alerting us that it was mission time.

Virgo POV

I stared at the blood in the bathroom and quickly cleaned it up, not wanting anyone to see it. I wiped the tears, hoping to hide any evidence of this happening. 

I sighed, as I bandaged the cuts and sewed my hero costume, making the sleeves longer to cover the scars.
I just hoped no one would notice, but would they care?

I mulled this over as I made my way to the bus, suicide had been one of my thoughts, but part of what had been holding it back was the fact I didn't want to hurt my friends. But would they care? But what was the point of living was if it was to live in pain? 

Did I deserve that? Probably, I'd gotten my boyfriend and a few of my closest friends hurt, but, honestly, for gods sake Leo was practically unable to do anything at all!

Libra POV

We gathered near the bus we'd used for the evacuation mission, I'd heard the others agreed on the fact if felt like we were taking a field trip rather than doing live saving jobs.  But I guess it couldn't be helped.

"Wow, we arrive here in limos and leave for missions on school busses," Sag joked.

"Facts," Gemini pointed.

"Guys, planning time," Virgo announced, with her tone being strangely shaky.

"Virgo! Why'd you change your costume? The sleeves are longer," Cancer noted.

"Oh, um I thought it was time for a change," Virgo told the blonde girl. "So! An entire town disappeared, strange, I know," she cleared her throat. "Most likely we're looking at magic or some séance type of thing considering the town is physically not there, there's no evidence of any debris from explosions or such,"

"I guess this means someone used their powers to physically move the down?" Pisces questioned.

"Hmm, I agree but I think there's something more to it," Capricorn added.

"I agree with Cap, something about this town doesn't feel right," Scorpio continued.

"So if there is no physical embodiment of the town, how are we supposed to make a plan," Uranus said, matter-of-factly. 

Sagittarius POV

"There's books in the library with this stuff," Pisces piped up.

"Do you think you could get some of them?" Libra asked.

"Sure, is there enough time before we leave?" she asked.

"It's okay, I'll get them, it won't take long," I told her. "what book is it?"

"I think it was called 'Powers and Consequences'," the brown hair girl nodded.

"I'll go with you," Cap volunteered, I felt my cheek heat up a little.

Why would he want to go with me? I didn't let any hope build up though, knowing Cap it would take decades to have him fall for someone like me. As we walked together to the library, I noticed my growth in height. I was now around the same height as him, perhaps even taller.

"How does an entire town disappear," I heard him mutter.

"Well my dear Elven, we live in a world of magic, so anything is really possible, as we heard Pisces back there, so now, what has your genius mind come up with?" I said in a sarcastic tone covered with excitement.