Chapter 29 ~ Is This Happening?

School holidays are coming soon and that means more or less updates, I'm not sure, probably I'll write a lot more but the others might not. 11 chapters to go, and the first books is over! What do you think will happen in Book 2? That reminds me gotta do the notes for it.
-♓️

Aries POV

As it was the weekend, we just lazed around
but not me. I wanted to go outside and do something, and I knew just the person I wanted to do it with. I called up Gem, knowing she would say yes and we agreed to go out to the city.

I met up with her at the gates of the school, her hair was in a ponytail and wearing comfortable clothes. I never noticed how long her hair was and how purple it was . I wondered what the natural colour was.

"This may sound weird but what was your natural hair colour," I asked her.

"It was white," she said, sounding bored, as if she had said this a million times. "I had a problem with my melanin, the pigment of my body so it turned out white,"

"Oh, my hairs just been red," I said, unsure how to reply,

"I'm pretty sure Aqua's was brown, she'd look pretty like that," Gem said.

"You look beautiful too," I blurted.

Her lips parted, and she stared into my eyes. I couldn't help but staring back into her deep purple eyes. They seemed mystical, sort of like Aurora from sleeping beauty but I knew Gem wasn't helpless, her eyes held power. We broke out of the trance and both shrugged it off, unsure how to react.

"I wanna go to a café, I heard there was a really good one downtown," Gem suggested, and I nodded.

"Okay, Pisces used to work at a café and she said she can read someone with their order and she taught me how to do the same," Gem bantered, "What's your order?"

I thought about it for a second, and decided, "Expresso and if I feel like it, a cookie,"

"Okay," Gem nodded. "you're a hot-headed dude, with a really, really big ego," she turned to me and grinned.

I nodded until I realised what she was saying, "Hey!"

"See, I was right," she laughed.

As we kept walking, my mind went to Leo, he was supposed to prepare for his date with Pisces, I wonder how that was going.

Capricorn POV

Leo had asked me and Sag to help him get ready for his date with Pisces. He was taking her to a place uptown, all fancy and elegant, he was convinced that he should do something ever so fancy.

"How do I behave?' he asked nervously.

"Well, I mean some how she liked you so I must give the most timeless and stupid advice, be yourself," Sag gave me a lopsided grin, expecting me to laugh as well but I just gave a small smile.

What irked me was that if the couple liked each other they shouldn't be so flustered and stressed. It was clear to me that they were in love, though it was too early to say it so early in their newfound relationship. Most people fell in love after a measly 4 months, but there were exceptions.

"Just don't be an idiot and do not rush things," I warned him as I adjusted his tie.

"I even got her a present already though," Leo pouted.

"That's fine, just don't do anything stupid." I said as Sag snickered, knowing there was a high chance Leo might mess this up.

"Your love language is gifts then?" Sagittarius asked.