Chapter Twenty-Seven

Start from the beginning

Annie let him go and got back to the computer. "Well," John breathed out, his tone teasing. "Someone's jealous."

I saw Annie clench her fists as she calmly ignored his statement and said, "We are testing pains and what not, right? Well, I remember that one time Lexi bit John's arm and it probably hurt, i'm gonna test that on him now." She began typing something, hitting another button a moment later. "And just in case it's not enough, i'm gonna make it hurt a little bit worse than it did the first time. Just to be safe."

A second later, John tensed up and let out a whine. "Freaking god. Turn it off." Annie didn't and Bridget surprisingly smiled and chuckled a bit, not stopping her. "Annie, you said it was just -ehh." He was trying to cover up the pain. It didn't work. "Okay, I get it. You made your point. Stop."

Arms crossed and Annie looking peeved, she pressed another button and then walked back to him, John taking heavy breaths. "Did I do something wrong?" She asked innocently.

"That. Was. Not. A. Bite." John hissed. "That felt like fire running over my whole body." He got up too, Bridget didn't stop him so I sat up as well. Wires and different things were attached to John as he stood but he didn't seem to mind.

"Oops." Annie said. "Maybe if I wasn't so 'jealous' that little accident wouldn't have happened. But then again, if you weren't such an idiot it probably wouldn't have happened either. Oh well, at least I can fix my problem. Not much hope for you though."

"Feisty," John replied, leaning in. "I like that."

Annie stiffened up at his words, looking down at the ground. "Let's just get back to the tests."

"Alright. Promise not to set me on fire again?" John asked.

"Whatever you say, John." Annie responded, going back to her computer again. She mumbled, making sure we could heard it, "But I make no promises regarding a random hand sized wasp sting from time to time."

Bridget finally stepped forward. "Let's just get started again, shall we? I'm sure Lexi wants to see Jack."

❒❒❒❒

We did various tests that focused mainly on pain. Now, my head hurt severely and my whole body ached. This better be worth it or I was going to be one un-happy teen.

John was getting out of his chair, pulling the wires and whatnot from his arm and face as I just had. Annie still wouldn't look at him without glaring, which I found both amusing and awful considering they were kissing no less than two hours ago.

"You're a real jerk, you know that?" I said to John. He turned to me, popping his shoulder and rubbing at the back of his neck. "When you like a girl, don't do that."

"She started it, Lexi." He defended.

I sighed, rolling my eyes. "Well, you were supposed to stop it, not make it worse. I mean, I thought you really liked Annie. You kissed her. Why'd you have to be an idiot and mess that up all in the same day?" I glanced at Annie again. She seemed to be busy, or making it look that way, as she absentmindedly watched the computer and filed data. She had gotten really good at that, I guess Natalie was pretty good at teaching her while we were gone. "You should go apologize."

"Me? She's the one who made me feel like I caught myself on fire," He whisper yelled.

"Yes, you. Go do it, or you'll never have a chance with her ever again." John stared at Annie when I said it, then he nodded and walked over. I could see that John touched her shoulder, but she only frowned and turned back around after she saw who it was.

Annie was being a bit stubborn. John would have to get used to that.

"Um, Lexi." I turned, seeing Natalie smiling back at me. 

"Yeah," I said. "What's up?"

She was holding some papers and flipping through them. "We've got a lot of data, but it needs to completely load and then we have to do more test with that knowledge, something we won't need you for immediately." She told me. "If you want to see Jack, i'd say something about it now while you have some free time."

"Oh, okay. Thanks," I replied. "I'll ask Bridget." She nodded and got back to her work. I walked over to Bridget, her hair looking like she had run her hands through it one too many times and her glasses were positioned near the tip of her nose. "Uh..."

"Yes? Do you need something, Lexi?" She asked without looking away from her computer or when she started writing things down on paper.

I shifted a bit. "Okay, listen. i've done everything you asked me to," I said. "Can I please go see Jack now?"

Bridget turned to me. "Sure," She gave Natalie a look. "Ms. Daniels is currently helping me but John will accompany you, and Annie if you like." They both heard this and looked in our direction. Annie nodded and smiled at me. But she still looked mad at John.

"Sounds great." I stated.

"I'll have one of the guards you saw before drive you to the prison." She dialed something on her phone and then turned back to me, "There we go. Someone is waiting for you three upstairs when you're ready to go."

I smiled. "Thank you so much." I was more than ready to go. Seeing Jack was one of the only things I wanted right now.

I felt a hand grasp my arm, Bridget pulling me back a bit. "Oh. And Lexi, one more thing." She walked over to me, handing me a silver key.

"What's this for?" I asked, staring at it.

"I've got a friend who pulled some strings. They didn't want to let Jack out just yet, but I assured them that Jack knew nothing important. My friend gave me this. It's the key to his cell," She told me as I placed it in my pocket. "While you're there, do me a favor and let him out."

❒❒❒❒

I know these past chapters have moved kinda slow but you know me, I hate moving too fast and jumbling things together. But just wait, awesomeness is coming in the next chapter which i'll be posting Friday.

Dedicated to @trappedintheclouds because just like with all of you, they are an awesome reader and everytime I see them vote on my latest chapter, I smile so big. Even the tiniest of things are so special to me. Thank you to everyone!

Vote and comment if you liked this. Anyone have a guess on what's happening next chapter? You're probably right.