Ch 20: Kanto Arc- End of the League

A week had gone really fast, Ash and team were working hard, pushing their limits. They were finally ready to face the Indigo elite four and the Champion. His first battle is with Lorelei, Ice specialist of the Elite four. Ash had planned to use Lucario, Charizard and Pikachu. Thus Ash walked towards the Indigo Citadel, north of the Indigo Stadium where the Elite Four challenge takes place. Once entering the Citadel, there is no backing off. Each elite would be challenged consecutively, and only be stopped at the pokemon center inside the citadel. After defeating each of the elites you will be guided to the next door where the rest of them would be waiting. 

The first room he entered was wide. It has a massive battlefield in it. Even a screen was present inside showing his and the opponents pics alongside the empty Pokeballs. Other than that the room was plain, Ash was so excited upon seeing the huge arena. The battle was being telecaster but there wasn't any media allowed inside. The league would be issuing the battle video's afterwards. 

Ash managed to win against Lorelei in a fierce battle that ended with Pikachu electrocuting her Lapras with a  high volt thunderbolt. It had been a real challenge and he was so excited to battle the next one immediately. 

"Congratulations. Ash. That was a great battle. I wasn't pushed like this for so long. " She shook his hand and opened the next door. 

"Thank you very much." Ash said and walked straight into the pokemon center. He met with nurse Joy and healed his Pokemon. He also took some time to feed them and himself. 

After that he went to the second door and challenged Bruno. 

Ash was so focused on his battle that he didn't see anything happening beside him. At last Ash managed to win against Bruno using Gyarados and Lucario. Lucario was a good match against Bruno's fighting types. He took down 4 of Bruno's pokemon single handedly. After the soul bonding Lucario had become more powerful. 

He only did two battles that day as he thought he and his team needed rest after all that hardships. Finally it was time to battle against Agatha, the Ghost Specialist. Even after being too old she wasn't a pushover. He fails horribly to defeat Agatha's Ghost types but he doesn't panic. He calmly waited until he lost 3 pokemon where Agatha still has 5 pokemon with her. 

"Lucario Return. Good Job." Ash recalled Lucario and appreciated it for its wonderful efforts. After a couple of thoughts he took Mew's pokeball from his necklace. He stared at it a little longer which earned confused looks from the ghost specialist until he threw it on the air and revealed the pokemon. 

"Come out, Mew!"

Mew came out from the pokeball giggling and somersaulting in the air. Agatha was stupefied, and the other elites in the room gasped in shock and stood there jaw dropped. Mew without heeding any of these made a balloon using psychic and began jumping up and down on there. 

"T-That Mew, isn't it?" Koga asked after a few minutes. 

For a Ninja Warrior, and being the Johto elite four even he can be caught off-guard. With a bewildered look he stared at the battlefield. 

"He defeated me without letting out Mew!" Lorelei exclaimed bewildered. "How strong is this Kid?!!"

Lance looked at Mew in delight which earned him the curious glance of his elites and gym leaders. He just shrugged it off and looked at the battlefield. Ash had called out his legendaries at last, a shiver ran down his spine, he was nervous and excited at the same time. Never had he felt like this when he is faced by a challenge but Ash is no ordinary challenger and he knows very well the capability of the young man in front of him. The next match is between him and he will do his best.