☆彡 e p i l o g u e

Sungchan

As soon as class finishes, I went straight to the bus stop. I sat there on the bench, waiting for the big vehicle to arrive. Staring at the sky doesn't seem to faze me anymore when I'm alone, so I turned my gaze to the black watch wrapped around my wrist.

6:45

There was already a few students standing around me, waiting for the bus as well. After a few minutes, the vehicle halts to a stop right in front of the bus stop and we took our turn to climb up the bus one by one.

I listened to music the whole ride with no thoughts in my mind. The movement of the bus and how the sizes of a car seemed so small next to it caught my attention. Trees swaying to the movement of the wind and leaves falling from it, landing delicately on the ground.

Today marks our 6th year anniversary, and it still amazes me how strong our relationship is still going even though we have our own schedules which made us not be able to meet each other.

The view of my campus is long gone and was replaced by a high-rise building surrounded by the dark sky. It was starting to rain lightly but it won't stop me from going to the building since the bus will stop near the area.

Walking into the building for the fifth time seemed so unfamiliar to me. Even though I've been here a few times, I still couldn't believe it. With the way I dress, people would definitely figure out that I don't belong here and I don't blame them because my mind thought of the same thing.

When I was already in front of one of the best companies in Korea, the door detects me and slides open. Since today is a holiday, the main lobby is dark because there are no workers, except for the security guards of course.

The first thing you will see when you walk in is the main counter which is placed in between two security counters on the left and right side of the lobby. I went straight to the security counter to fill up a form before getting access to other floors since I'm considered as a guest here.

After that, I went up to the 12th floor with the help of an elevator. If you expect me to climb up the stairs is definitely a big no. When I was finally at the said floor, I was met by the darkness of a hallway.

I spotted a bright light at the end of it and like an insect who is attracted to light, I went there. From where I was at, I could actually hear the faint sound of a song. It got louder the closer I came there.

The song was blasted on full volume from a phone, a pop song. I looked through the glass walls but there was no one there which made my skin breakout into goosebumps but it calmed down when I saw a head peeking out from under a table.

The figure jumped up and moved his body to the rhythm of the song, singing along to it as if there is no tomorrow. I stared at him, loving how he had his vibe matched with the scenery behind him.

The skyscraper in the middle of the night flashing its lights, glittering the dark sky. I stared at him for more than 10 minutes, not feeling bored at all. I would say its something I could watch the whole day without feeling uninterested. His movements will always make me question myself as to how I ended up with him, it's weird, but I love it.

I take my phone out and dial his number. The song stops automatically, being replaced with a loud ringtone. He let out a huff as a frown climbed up his face. The figure picked up his phone, stare at it for a second and rejected the call.

He continued to dance with the song being blasted on full volume once again.

"Why didn't you pick up the phone?!" I yelled from outside of the room which caught his attention. His body stiffens as he slowly turn his body around.