"really? And why should I?" she asked.

"I am really sorry for what happened that day, I was not myself that day, i was stressed and had just lost a very important business deal.... " I said but she cut me off.

"and you decided to vent out your frustration at me?" she said.

"Anwita, I know what I did was uncalled for, please forgive me and give our marriage a chance, if not for me or yourself but for our family" Sadhil said and I nodded I'm just doing this for my family and not for any body else.

"does dad know i left your house?" she asked.

"no, but aunty does" I replied.

"shit! I'm dead meat" she muttered.

"I wouldn't be home today, I need to get my things from Eshana's apartment so by noon tomorrow, I should be home." she said leaving my cabin.

I finished all my work for the day and decided to go home.

When I got to the parking lot, I received a call from Anwita's aunty.

"Hello aunty" I said.

"hello beta, any news about Anwita" she asked.

"yes, I saw her today" I said and explained all that happened when we met.

"that girl, I'm going to pull her ears, every couple in the world have problems, but they don't run away from their problems but instead they solve the problem by facing it. I called to invite you over for dinner and also bring Anwita along, your parents will also be coming."

"okay aunty"

"okay beta, talk to you later"

"Bye aunty" I said and hung up.

I got into my car and drove home, these past few days has been really hectic for me, today is the first day in three days that I am leaving the office early, I had been so bothered thinking about how Anwita would be fairing and where she could be.

I know she is an adult and very much capable of taking care of herself, it's just that she has lived most of her life in America and rarely visited India. All these information, I got them from poonam.

I got home parked the car and went inside. The caretaker of the house is still around because the door wasn't locked, she must have unlocked it when she heard me pull into the garage.

I went upstairs to my room, dropped my blazer on the bed.

I walked into my walk in closet and took out my clothes to change into. I walked into the washroom for a relaxing shower, after the shower, I called my PA to cancel all my appointments. I want to be around when Anwita comes tomorrow so I can clear out all our misunderstandings.

Taking out my laptop, I drowned my self in work, after a few hours, I slept.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Next morning.

I woke up very late, I checked the time, it's almost noon, Anwita will soon be here. I went to freshen up and made a quick brunch. After eating, I sat to watch a cricket match when the door opened Anwita came in dragging her bag behind her and muttering something inaudible.

"What happened" I asked her when she sat on the couch.

"like you care" she replied.

Clearly, she is still angry and her current mood isn't helping matters.

"look, I know you are still mad at me for what happened the other day, but I am sorry for what I did, I cannot take back all i said that day but I can apologize for all I said and I at least deserve a second chance" i said.